• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What type of litter tray do you use?

vengeful.veggie

Alpha Buck
Inside their crate I have the biggest, small animal corner tray they do and in the living room I have a decent sized, rectangular cat tray. Thing is, now that there's two buns I need a bigger tray for their crate otherwise I have to change the tray 2-3 times a day! :shock:

So, what trays do you use? Recommendations? Where from? Thanks.

do your buns really go that much?!:shock: only 2 of them too.... lol my two are out in the garden most of the day so i suppose i only see a tiny bit of their over night poo... i still have to change it once a day/every other day tho! now am glad i dont have housebunnies!! lol i would try an underbed storage box with a bit cut out (made sure not sharp) which they can hop in through, like a lowered edge? good luck xx

I have a high backed small animal litter tray for my indoor ones and a normal cheap cat litter tray since one of them decided they liked the opposite corner. :rolleyes:

for the outside ones we have the bottom half of a big cat litter tray and another normal cat litter tray.

Just a normal sized cat litter tray for my mini lops - they both love to lie side by side in it!:lol: When we rescued Angel, she would not use a litter tray at all she goes in the same corner of the hutch.

I have 2 trays, but I use megazorb so it soaks up more wee :)
I find that they wee mostly in one. I put lots of hay in too, so they can munch and poop at once.

Edit - I meant to add, and I don't have to change that often. Every other day I reckon.

They can barely fit in at the same time, and I think Benjamin gets frustrated when Verity's in there and he wants to be and then he scratches to get her out the way >_<

They need a high backed one because with the other cat litter tray, Benjamin misses when he pees and so he pees all over the fireplace T_T So basically I need two, rectangle high backed litter trays and I have no idea where to look!

Ikea have some large trays in with a curled lip, to keep all the hay and litter inside - they're quite a good size and cheap. Also, underbed storage boxes are good if the sides aren't too high.

i have a normal sized cat litter tray in the crate and the large size in his main area in the lounge for when he's out and about.

Ikea have some large trays in with a curled lip, to keep all the hay and litter inside - they're quite a good size and cheap. Also, underbed storage boxes are good if the sides aren't too high.

Yeah i think i've seen those. The cat litter trays? Black? About £3? I was tempted to get one but i'm not sure as all the sides are high if you see what i mean.

Back