• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chrissie, DUTCH foster bunny

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Last night I got a new bunny to look after. Her name is Chrissie and she's about 18 months old. She had been with ARC before, and had a couple of failed bondings with single boys. She got adopted then and the owner tried very hard to bond her with her bunny, but it didn't work out. :( So she brought her back. She was very sad to lose her, because Chrissie is a very friendly bunny who wants lots of human attention and who is a typical Dutch with lots of character. But she also wants a lot of attention from a husbun, and as she did not get enough grooming, she decided to pull her husbun's fur and he got scared of her. :rolleyes:

Hopefully she will be able to find her pefect match (or two, or three....;) ) soon.

Here she is, checking out my flower pot cupboard (small hutches can be used for all sorts of stuff :lol: ):

april2008020.jpg

Deciding whether to go home or run around some more:

april2008021.jpg

And having a good wash after crawling underneath the hutch: :rolleyes:

april2008024.jpg

april2008026.jpg

I am so sorry to hear that she's back at ARC. I met her at Donna's and fell in love with her.

I wish I could try her with one of my boys, except I feel that the reason you mention that her bond didn't work, may well be what's wrong with both of my boys - they don't know how to be with another bunny. Edi is currently being bonded with his 5th lady and yet again he point blank refuses to groom, despite having been given loads himself. Now it's kicked off a series of fights again.:(

I do hope that Chrissie gets a home she deserves soon.

Helen x

I am so sorry to hear that she's back at ARC. I met her at Donna's and fell in love with her.

I wish I could try her with one of my boys, except I feel that the reason you mention that her bond didn't work, may well be what's wrong with both of my boys - they don't know how to be with another bunny. Edi is currently being bonded with his 5th lady and yet again he point blank refuses to groom, despite having been given loads himself. Now it's kicked off a series of fights again.:(

I do hope that Chrissie gets a home she deserves soon.

Helen x

My little Cloud is the same. He holds his nose under Sunnie's chin and she grooms him, but I don't see him groom her. She sometimes gets annoyed and chases him, but normally she just accepts him and lets him use her as his pillow. :rolleyes:

Silly non grooming boys. She's a lovely looking girl.

I suppose awkward buns who don't like to groom would do better in a group as then they wouldn't have to groom their subordinates as the other group members would do it and everybuns happy.

That's how I imagine bunny hierachy anyway. :lol:

I'm wondering if she might have to go as a single housebun - not usually sommething I like to do but she really is into people.

Oh no poor Chrissie back again :cry:
Maybe Donna is right though she hated all the other bunnies when she stayed with us :?

Looks like Janice will have an interesting job soon. ;):D

All I say is: two young lads from ARC, one pretty girl from further north and Chrissie. We'll need lots of bonding vibes in a few weeks. :D

Looks like Janice will have an interesting job soon. ;):D

All I say is: two young lads from ARC, one pretty girl from further north and Chrissie. We'll need lots of bonding vibes in a few weeks. :D

Ooo let me guess............

um i don't know :oops: Give us a clue!

Back