• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How big are your hutches?

I don't have a hutch but they are outdoor in the garage with a run. Inside garage they have a large dog crate with an extra bit added (not sure of exact size, probably 5 x 2 and a large run 7 x 2.5). Then the run of the garage every evening and weekends no matter what the weater.

How about you?

i currently have an 8 ft by 2.5 ft by 2ft in the garden which is being renovated to attach a run.

my outdoor boys have a brick built shed each with a hutch inside..(.hutches are 4 ftx2x2 the other 5ft)...theyre only in hutches at night time and they have the run of the shed all day.... also go out on the grass during the day too (in runs) providing the weather isnt too hideous!

Last edited:
I have just bought them a 5ftx3ft playhouse which will have two extra floors in so another fllor 5ftx3ft - ramp and a 3rd floor approx 3ftx3ft.

Helen x

dont have a hutch either but mine have their own 7 ft x 7 1/2 ft (approx it is a funny shape :lol: ) bedroom with a triple 4ft cage :)

hi there. i have several rabbits 'abodes' - my frenchies are in a 6' x 4' shed with a 8' x 7' run. i have 3 lops in a 2 storey 6' x 2' hutch with a 7' x 3' run, 2 mini lops in a 3 storey 4' x 4' with a 7' x 3' run and some others who havent got permanent runs but who get put out daily. have you got any piccies? x

:wave: Mine don't have hutches either.

Buttons and Snowy are about to move from an indoor cage to a 4ft x 4ft playhouse with a 6ft x 4ft run attached and Bugsy and Lola live in a 10ft x 4ft lean-to extension attached to my kitchen.

I do have a 7ft hutch outside that I use for fosters :)

Hmmm thats a good question. I made all mine from scratch. They are very deep, wide and tall but nowhere near 6 foot. I think they must be about 4/5 foot. It doesn't matter to my buns though becuase they live in a run which is 10 metres and the hutches are fitted with cat flaps. They rarely go in except to drink from the bottle.

My two live in a shed with a run attatched and a 4ft double hutch inside . They have a total floor space (not including levels) of 6ft x 11ft but im going to double the size of the run as soon as we get some good weather. (i say i am but what i really mean is dp is going to :lol:)

I have a 5ft x 2ft x 3ft hutch attached to a 5ftx5ftx3ft run for the night time and in the day time the hutch and run open out to the garden which is bunny proofed and measures 40ftx15ft so they have plenty of exercise and grazing every day.

My outdoor pair have a 6x2x2' hutch for nightime and a 8x3x2' run which I'm extending to 8x6' the minute it stops raining!!

My indoor girly has a 4x3x3-ish dog crate with a run which is about 6x4 attached permanently whie im not there, and free range of my room if I'm at home.

each of my single netherland dwarfs live in a double 4 by 2 by 2 foot hutch and they alternate between a 6 by 3 run and a 7 by 4 run.

my pair of rexes live indoors in a 7 by 4 run.

Smokey and Fudge are in a 12ftx4ft dog kennel/run and Angel is in a 6ftx4ft shed with a 7ftx4ft run.

I have a shed and it is 6ft x 4ft (external dimensions) with a 4ft x 2ft shelf in in. Attached is a 6ft x 8ft run, accessable by a little door!

Hannah

well chelsea has an extension to the house but it is around 8ftx4ft in size i think, plus access to our conservatory... which is about 7x3 oh a secure run which she has a bunny door into of size 6x6ft for night and when we out... and free range of garden when home,

snowy and dora have a 6x2x3ft hutch hand crafted by my wunderful daddy!(as was there 6ft run) and a run of 6ftx6ft x 3ft tall... which is attatched for when i am out and free run of garden...oh and in garden have their old hutch which is 4ftx2tx2ft and double storey(well they are only nethies! before you judge me being cruel)which they can go in and out of..keeping it as an emergancy hutch for if i need to keep a bun here temp or whatever(if it was large bun would swop it around a bit ie snow/dora in 4ft and larger in 6ft ) and that awful hutch i bought off ebay is in the garden as a shelter for them...2ftx2ftx1ft attatched to a1ft tall run(no longer has a lid on)x4ftx2ft. (this is the one i was told was a 6ft hutch and run...well only if you add up the lengths.... and previously housed 3 buns in :cry:) all mine get all day in garden or in run/hutch during day dependant on if home or not then in evenings play in house then back to hutch for beddy byes.

Back