• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help - too much calcium??

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
Hi

Sorry guys - I'm gonna drive everyone nuts with questions, as I just dont know anything about rabbits (except what I read here!).

I moved Hunny's house onto the patio yesterday, and of course, now I can actually see her wees. It is very thick, and at the end, it was white and sludgy. from what I've read on previous posts, this can be caused by too much calcium. I've been giving her 2 handfuls of pelleted food a day, meadow hay, timothy hay as a treat, and a selection of carrot, broccoli, radish, apple and fresh grass every day, along with a bowl and bottle of water. She doesn't drink much tbh, she hardly touches the bottle, but I refill the bowl 2-3 times (whenever its empty).

Am I missing anything out? Could it be anything more urgent? Do I need to take her to the vet sooner than Wednesday?

Carmen

pellets are quite high in calcium so perhaps cut that down to one handful and she will probably make up the rest in hay which is better for her anyway. If she is emptying her bowl I would buy her a bigger one as she should always have access to water. Keep it shady so it doesn't get too hot.

pellets are quite high in calcium so perhaps cut that down to one handful and she will probably make up the rest in hay which is better for her anyway. If she is emptying her bowl I would buy her a bigger one as she should always have access to water. Keep it shady so it doesn't get too hot.

Thanks

Will get her a bigger water bowl today. :)

Carmen

Back