• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Arthur is coming home

Kay

Mama Doe
As you may or may not know I tried to bond my Arthur with a female bunny and it all went horribly wrong and he became aggressive.

Well we made the heartbreaking decision to rehome him to Caroline at The Rabbit Residence. However we miss him so much that life hasn't been the same since.

I explained all this to Caroline and she offered for us to take him back, so we are.

I hope this is the right decision. I have another male bun now as well but I cannot get rid of him either, he is my little bubby so the garden will be spilt and they can have half each.

Please any opinions welcome. Feelings were very high when he went in the first place and I think the break has done us the world of good to realise we are committed to Arthur, we didn't take him on lightly and giving him up just feels so wrong.

As you may or may not know I tried to bond my Arthur with a female bunny and it all went horribly wrong and he became aggressive.

Well we made the heartbreaking decision to rehome him to Caroline at The Rabbit Residence. However we miss him so much that life hasn't been the same since.

I explained all this to Caroline and she offered for us to take him back, so we are.

I hope this is the right decision. I have another male bun now as well but I cannot get rid of him either, he is my little bubby so the garden will be spilt and they can have half each.

Please any opinions welcome. Feelings were very high when he went in the first place and I think the break has done us the world of good to realise we are committed to Arthur, we didn't take him on lightly and giving him up just feels so wrong.

I think that's wonderful. I also think in time Arthur may soften a little, but it sounds like he has got the right home....with people who understand his needs! Congratulations! I'm sure he will be very happy to be home :)

I think I would be the same if I let my evil bun go :cry: No one likes her but me and there have been times when I have despaired with her...but I kind of like it when they are like that because it makes it all the more rewarding when you manage to turn their behaviour around :)

I rather like grumpy buns,they have real character...I has a french lop (bella) who was a grump,the vet couldnt cope with her easily,andshe had lots of treatment bless her,they (and most people who came into contact with her ) could not understand why I loved her so much!

Good for you having him back.

Thank you, just had it confirmed that he will be coming home on Saturday! Woohoo. I really can't wait. Caroline sent me a lovely text message saying 'not only are you a volunteer but your also a friend and I wouldn't keep your baby from you'.

She is lending me her rabbit behaviour folder too :D

Its going to be weird having him back. I have so much to get ready now, and I need to sort out the garden so they have equal room each.

Its going to be great to have Arthur back my partner has really missed him.

Scribble (Dylan's nickname) probably won't be so pleased but they will be fenced off from each other so shouldn't be too much of an issue.

xx

Back