• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I think there is something wrong with our Liam :(

Joanne26

Mama Doe
I need some advice. Liam isn't his normal self this morning, he hasn't eaten any of his veg and is turning his nose up at hay :( There are plenty of poo's and wee's in the trays but some of the poo's are smaller and darker than usual (mixed in with normal big golden ones, which i presume are Mishy's).

He is sat in the run at the moment which is unusual because he usually lazes in the shed during the day. I've been in the run with him and had a feel of his tummy which doesn't feel hard and when i fuss him too much he hops off which is normal for him.

We have started letting them have supervised playtime in the garden the last few days and they have been grazing on the grass. Could this be what's caused it? :( It's not like they haven't had grass before though as we often hand pick them a pile.

I'm just going to try and see if he will have some cool boiled water before i decide whether it needs to be a vet trip :(

Any advice will be appreciated.

Ben was like that a few months ago. I panicked and took him straight to the vet, by the time i got there he was eating his hay in the carrier :rolleyes:

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along with some advice soon.

Sending vibes for Liam xxx

ooohhh ..porr liam ... :(

if hes no better by tea time at latest i would get him to the vets ...earlier if you think hes think hes pooing or looks worse ...

if hes used to grass i cant see as its thay :? unless he ate something else :?

sometimes these bouts just come on for no apparent reason ...

if you end up at the vets get his teeth checked as a precaution ...thats usualy the first thing i do .. :(

Ben was like that a few months ago. I panicked and took him straight to the vet, by the time i got there he was eating his hay in the carrier :rolleyes:

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along with some advice soon.

Sending vibes for Liam xxx

Awww, thanks Sarah :)

I've just took him some warm water but he hasn't bothered with it :( But he did start eating a few strands of hay and then hopped off back up the ramp into the hutch, probably because i am getting on his nerves.

ooohhh ..porr liam ... :(

if hes no better by tea time at latest i would get him to the vets ...earlier if you think hes think hes pooing or looks worse ...

if hes used to grass i cant see as its thay :? unless he ate something else :?

sometimes these bouts just come on for no apparent reason ...

if you end up at the vets get his teeth checked as a precaution ...thats usualy the first thing i do .. :(

Thanks Ang, i'm on complete bunny alert :(

How old is Liam ?

What you are describing sounds more like a sore mouth problem than a sore tummy. Could Liam have tooth issues ?

Janex

Hi Jane

Liam is approx 2 years old maybe just a little younger. They are due their vaccinations in the next week or so, and the vet i use is a good rabbit savvy vet so if there is something wrong with his teeth i'm pretty sure it will get picked up on. I might be going to the vets sooner than i had hoped though :(

Back off outside to check him again :(

Liam is munching hay now and has just been in his tray and poo'ed. The poo's are a good size, but they look wet :? Is that good or not?

Liam seems more 'normal' now, he's had a good bit of hay, but i'm obviously going to be watching him very closely today.

I just need to know if the poo's looking 'wet' are o.k?

i wouldnt worry about wet looking poos as long as they look normal size / consistency .

hopefully it was just a little tummy ache thats gone away now

i wouldnt worry about wet looking poos as long as they look normal size / consistency .

hopefully it was just a little tummy ache thats gone away now

Thankyou Angie :)

Yeh i hope so, bless him, i love him to bits :love:

I'm off to look at him again now, i have allsorts to do today, but sod it, he comes first, i ain't leaving the house today :oops:

Just thought i would update, Liam seems much brighter now, he's had more hay and has eaten some leafy greens for his tea. I did a mad dash out this af and got him some different hay, just to encourage him a bit more. And he seems to have eaten a good amount. :D

So at the moment it is looking good, i think i am just a bit of a worry wart really. I spoke to my mam about it and she seems to think that he may have been sulking because i didn't let them have free range in the garden yesterday? It's a theory i suppose :lol: Anyone elses rabbits sulk?

Glad he is feeling better. Pickle had a day of being "off" but it soon worked its way out of his system and was back to his usual self by the end of the day.

Glad he is feeling better. Pickle had a day of being "off" but it soon worked its way out of his system and was back to his usual self by the end of the day.

Thanks Donna

He still seems o.k tonight so hopefully it was a bit of tummy ache or he was indeed sulking! :rolleyes:

Back