• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First outside playtime for 10wk Mustard...

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
Hi ladies and gents...

We bought Mustard a run yesterday, so he can get some fresh air playtime, as he's never been out before. Do you reckon I should put it on the grass, or on the patio next to Hunny, so they can see eachother? Will he get a cold bottom sat on the concrete? Or should I put newspaper and hay down like in the hutch?

Still reading tons of posts here and learning lots about how to look after my little friends - the only problem is, the more I read, the more rabbits I want!

Carmen

Hello :)

If your Bunny is not used to eating grass I would put the run on concrete for now. At this time of year grass is very rich and can cause tummy problems in Buns who are unused to it and then eat too much.
You could provide a litter tray filled with hay in the run so as Bun can sit there if he chooses to. You could pick a small amount of grass for him to nibble to start getting his tummy used to it.

Janex :)

Thanks Jane

It's nice and sunny at the mo, and my kids are skiving today. so I think he might appreciate the peace and quiet of the garden! Can't wait to see him run around with some grip under him - he's been scrabbling around on laminate floor for a week (he kinda skids round, lands on his bum and looks at us, checking to see if anyone noticed, then gets up all cool, like "I meant to do that - honest!").

Gonna get another littler tray sorted!

Carmen

Back