• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging at carpet?

Amy & Amber

Staff member
I dont know if this is in the right section.

Noel keeps digging at the carpet?

Why is this? He has been fed,watered and has had a play out.

Is he in pain?

Anyone xx Thanks

Mine like to dig at it just for something to do! I took all of my carpets up a couple of years ago and had vinyl put down.....and it is SO much easier with the major hay and rabbit fur issues I have around here! :roll: :lol: But I still go to the carpet shop and get those square samples to scatter around for them. They love to scratch at them, or just lay on them for a snooze!

i cant wait to move into my own house (2 weeks to go woo!) so that i can put hard floor down. wispa scratches the carpet for the same reason zola licks the skirting boards, because they can :D

our red carpet is white the day after hoovering, i dont understand how zola is still fluffy with the amount of hair he loses!

I didnt know he was in pain or not.

He has never done it before nor has Amber. Timmy did. He does it where his fur is. :roll:

Mine start chewing at the carpet, I thought randomly, but I've just figured out they always chew or dig at a place where they've had something juicy. They must still be able to smell the flavour there.

Could it be something like that?

Mine start chewing at the carpet, I thought randomly, but I've just figured out they always chew or dig at a place where they've had something juicy. They must still be able to smell the flavour there.

Could it be something like that?

Strange you say that! Because I found out it is where there was some banana smudged into the carpet! :roll: He dont miss a trick :D

Emrys chewed my door when it was shut and dug the carpet in front of it. I now have a bare patch :roll: I think he just wanted out the room. He scrabbles at doors when he wants in or out too. I'm beginning to think he is a puppy.

Strange you say that! Because I found out it is where there was some banana smudged into the carpet! :roll: He dont miss a trick :D

Clever aren't they. Of my house buns it's Faline who has a go at the carpet and Molly has started putting his head over the patch she's working at so he gets groomed instead. At least he's on my side. :lol:

Mine like to scrabble at the carpet under 'their' chair
I've got a couple of 99p rag rugs from Ikea (washable but take a bit to dry),they love em, once they have a bit of rag in a loop they spend ages pulling it out:roll:
I was concerned about them eating the bits, but once it's not putting up a fight they move onto another patch and the bits shake off into the bin:)

Back