• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Pellets does everyone use

CLAREM1

Warren Scout
Any suggestions on what pellet food to go with which is cost effective but good quality and easy to get hold of?

Thanks!

Allen & page are £8 for 20kgs and are of good quality but have not got a long date on them but as long as you get through them like i do its not a problem.

Thanks

Where do you get this from - I see we are from a similar area I live Glossop way - don't suppose you know a good place to get Hay as well.....

i use science selective and much to my delight the wilkinsons near me now stocks it yay!!!! so no more animal selling pet shops to buy it from!!! (that was my biggest bug bear)

I use Allen and Page too but they do only come in big bags. If you don't have loads of buns feeding a couple of handfuls a day will probably lead to a lot of wasted food so you'd be better off with the SS even though it is more expensive. :D

I dont feed any mixes or pellets. Jazz hates them, so we just give loads and loads of hay, fruit and veggies (with the odd handful of mixed oats etc sneaked in!)

I dont feed any mixes or pellets. Jazz hates them, so we just give loads and loads of hay, fruit and veggies (with the odd handful of mixed oats etc sneaked in!)

I'm still contemplating ditching the pellets.
Even though all mine initially dive on their pellets none of them eat them all within 4 hours.
I'm thinking of trying it in the summer when they have more grazing time in the garden.

I use Bugess Excel for dwarf rabbits. They go nuts for it!! :lol: Its abot £8 for a 4kg bag. I also use the same make for my guinea pigs... Must be yummy as theres never any left...!! :D

Last edited:
I'm still contemplating ditching the pellets.
Even though all mine initially dive on their pellets none of them eat them all within 4 hours.
I'm thinking of trying it in the summer when they have more grazing time in the garden.

Jasmine hates all mixes, pellets and anything else that is commercial. I even went as far as hiding bits of food in her hay/fruit/veg, had her teeth check all okay, so we changed onto the current diet

Vet is thrilled with her

Allen & Page seems to be the cheapest near me. My buns are on excel & all are ok unless one gets too much - then she has runny poo - but she's tiny & a glutton:rolleyes: I've been gonna switch to A&P for about a year though:oops::lol:

Mine are also on Science Selective, interesting to hear Wilkinsons have now started selling it, will have to check out my local one as I would imagine they will be quite cheap. Only recently changed them over to SS used to feed Excel pellets but I have one overweight bunny who can be prone to upset tummy so have changed them over, as Excel contains sugar (not good for my fat bunny) and SS does not.

Mine are also on Science Selective, interesting to hear Wilkinsons have now started selling it, will have to check out my local one as I would imagine they will be quite cheap. Only recently changed them over to SS used to feed Excel pellets but I have one overweight bunny who can be prone to upset tummy so have changed them over, as Excel contains sugar (not good for my fat bunny) and SS does not.
was £2.99 for a 3kg sack... i had only just bought one so wont need to buy any for a while but i was like...wow!!!! very excited i rang my oh who wasnt nearly as bothered.lol think other shoppers fort i was mad!

Thanks Bunlover :wave:, I need a new sack, I know where I will be heading on Saturday!:) Just been and checked what size my sack is and it's 3KG as well, it cost me £5.25 from my local pet shop, so £2.99 is mega cheap. I am excited now too!:lol:

Excel - Merry and Pippin are addicted to it... however have cut back as people on the forum said it can cause "messy bottoms"!

Back