• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice please - baby bunny

xxKarinaxx

Mama Doe
I have a 6 week old bunny that seems to be doing alot of cecal poos and eating them. He's not stopped for the past hour, is this normal to be doing so many?

Hes not had any veggies, the only thing that I did do was add a few small pellets of wagg premium to his mix this morning. He has eaten a little hay but thats it. :( I'm worried about my little bun.

Healthwise he seems fine, he's eating drinking and running around. He does have a slightly runny nose though.

If he's eating drinking, pooping and running around I wouldn't be too worried. Bunnies will save up poops and eat them at once. In the wild they'd munch grass then go back to their warren and eat poop. You've probably just caught him mid session :)

Sorry to hijack the thread...:wave: but.... how do buns know which poo is coming?
Mine seem to know when a caecal is coming and eat it, but ignore secondary poo. Can they make the two come out at different times? :roll:

I've been wondering this for a while.....

Ours produce caecals between 11ish and 4ish during the day - during this time the conseratory is a poop free zone :D and looks almost normal (apart from the hay, bunny toys, holes in carpet etc etc!)

I have no idea if the same happens during the night, but by 7 in the morning a heap of currants have appeared.

I don't think bunnies produce both types within the same time frame - but I may be corrected on that ;)

Karina - hope the little guy is going to be OK.

Vanessa xx

Back