• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In light of people's bad veterinary experiences lately...

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
.... I just wanted to share this so that those of you beginning to doubt know there are some good compassionate vets out there still. :)

As you probably know we have had a lot of trouble with Lexie lately what with her eye, teeth, non-responsive pasteurella and appaling stools. Anneke has been virtually tearing her hair out trying to find the answer, even cornering several people at a recent course to pick their brains :lol:

Well after gently coercing me into signing the consent forms for Lexie to undergo a dental- after three physicals :)oops:) -two weeks ago we have had a break though.

Lexie is eating hay again, her snuffles are responding to antibiotics at last and she is generally a much happier rabbit. The past two nights she has snuggled with me on the sofa....of her own free will and flopped out by the fire on her new pillows.

I called the surgery today and left a message with the receptionist to pass on my thanks and good news. 10 minutes later the phone rings and its the receptionist who has been instructed to thank me for my call and apologise profusely for Anneke not calling me first. I explained I never expected a call and just thought she may appreciate an update that all her perseverance paid off.

I really do feel incredibly lucky to have not one but three genuinely compassionate veterinary surgeons at my disposal.....and I dont begrudge paying their wages one bit.

Just wanted to share :)

Thats good that she is better.

Our vets have been fantastic over the last few weeks with Rudy as well. They have fitted him in at the last minute, the vets did everything they could to try and find out what was wrong... sometimes my appointments went way over half hour and they never once rushed me out. They gave cuddles to Rudy when I bought him in and did their best by him.

I am sending my vets a card and a massive tin of choccies to say thanks for all their compassion and hard work. I don't know what I would have done without them.

Really glad to hear that:) So important to find a good vet who also has a good bedside manner. At least we can say when something doesn't feel right our animals can't:( I've heard lots of good things about my current vet in London and will be sticking with her. No more trying new ones that haven't been recommended!

So glad Lexie is better and the new vet is good. I had to move vets a month ago as I lost complete faith in them, best thing I've done, the new ones are brilliant, and I feel more relaxed about his care now :)

Back