• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice on holidaying my bun

muffinsmum

Warren Scout
I am going away for a week at the end of the month, I am going to take hutch and run to my sisters to look after my bun, I am wondering how to make this as stress free as possible... to be honest I am worried that she will think she is being re homed again! ( I am her 4th owner! poor baby!) I am also worried that she will become aggressive and not come out of her hutch easily for my sister... she has only just begun to accept me as bunny mummy! what advice can you give me to handle the situation? I am worried she will not love me any more when I get her back! :cry: ( hubs says I am being silly but I cant help it!) :cry:

umm more of a bump than anything
i dont know what you can do really maybe put a tshirt of your scent in the hutch and a picture of you up? record a tape of you talking to her and ask your sister to play it? so he will recognise parts of you when you come back?

wish i was more help, let me know how you get on
best of luck xXx

A week isn't long enough for bun to forget you. I got my first bun (Lucifer) in July & went away in the middle of August. I left her at a "bunny kennel" & when I went to pick her up she was really excited to see me.

The tshirt/scent idea is a really good one! Give her something soft that you have been wearing a lot - and make sure as little as possible changes in her immediate environment. Take everything she is used to.

Does she have vet bed in her hutch? When I went away last year I slept on my buns vetbed for a few nights before I left then popped it in their hutch the day I left :oops: She wont forget you after a week ;)

Can she get in and out of her hutch by herself? I used a clicker to train Buu and Beau to get in and out of their hutches and it was so easy, it took maybe a few hours each so when they are in the garden I can just call them back into their hutch :D A clicker costs a couple of pounds from a pet shop. Im not even exagerating when I say how easy it was by the way :lol: My family found it a real help with Buu when I have been away rather than worrying about how they are going to get her in and out x

Does she have vet bed in her hutch? When I went away last year I slept on my buns vetbed for a few nights before I left then popped it in their hutch the day I left :oops: She wont forget you after a week ;)

Can she get in and out of her hutch by herself? I used a clicker to train Buu and Beau to get in and out of their hutches and it was so easy, it took maybe a few hours each so when they are in the garden I can just call them back into their hutch :D A clicker costs a couple of pounds from a pet shop. Im not even exagerating when I say how easy it was by the way :lol: My family found it a real help with Buu when I have been away rather than worrying about how they are going to get her in and out x

I am intested in how you went about training you buns! I would love to know how to do that! please let me know! thanks all, I shall be taking all her usual stuff with me...and so I hope she will be ok.:)

Back