• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Warts????? - UD off to the vets now.

Gingypig

Alpha Buck
Poor Henry has this thing on his lip...

DSC02978.jpg

DSC02981.jpg

DSC02975.jpg

DSC02974.jpg

Last week I thought one of the other buns had had a little nip and it came off in my hand, it has now grown back like that!!!!

We have an appt at the vets tomorrow.

Any ideas what it could be?

And the lovely boy himself..
DSC02980.jpg

:D

Last edited:
There have been lots of pics like that lately..... looks like Syphillis :(

try searching other threads for pics like it and I'll try and find one too.

Yeah it's weird, it looks like it is growning each day :shock::?

Have left it so the vet can see. :?

There have been lots of pics like that lately..... looks like Syphillis :(

try searching other threads for pics like it and I'll try and find one too.

REALLY :shock::shock::shock:

what other symptoms does that have??? :(

Oh no it looks just like it!!!!

What about the other buns??? will they catch it?? he might be the father to the babies :shock:

Symptoms for syphilis are scabby lumps around the mouth, face, ears or gentiles.

Tam

It's an STD so he can pass it to any females he mates with and it can also be passed from mother to babies.

You'd need to talk to the vet about treating the others, I'm not sure whats recommended.

Henry is goooorgeous, even with an STD :lol: bless him. there seems to be a few buns on here suffering with the same thing at the moment, hope all goes okay at the vets x

Poor Henry :cry:

He seems 100% in himself.

I will take him to the vets tomorrow armed with info (they are good vets but still lack knowledge of rabbits etc.)

I will ask about Boo and the babies too, i will go and check them but sure they don't have the scabs too as just finished giving them all panacure for 9 days, think i would have noticed! :lol:

My poor baby. I doesn't rain it pours!!!

Poor Henry :cry:

He seems 100% in himself.

I will take him to the vets tomorrow armed with info (they are good vets but still lack knowledge of rabbits etc.)

I will ask about Boo and the babies too, i will go and check them but sure they don't have the scabs too as just finished giving them all panacure for 9 days, think i would have noticed! :lol:

My poor baby. I doesn't rain it pours!!!

definatly a good idea bcus from those threads it seems some vets arent sure what it is to begin with so best to go prepared!!

poor bunny! how do they catch this?! :shock:
hope he feels better soon

It probably wouldn't show any symptoms in the babies for months. It's the sort of thing they can have for ages with no symptoms/problems and then it will flare up. You'll need to warn anyone adopting the babies (if your not keeping them) and obviously no bunnies carrying it should be bred from (not sure if it was an accidental pregnancy or not :) ).

It was accidental, but I'm glad i have the babies so i guess that makes it not!

Anyway, a friend of mine has 2 of the babies so i will tell her, I have the other 5 and i am keeping them.

I did get Henry from a breeder :oops: before I really new any better so I guess he had it from birth????

xxx

Gus had Syphilis, and it looked just like that, good news is it was easily treated with depocillin injections every three days, I would ask the vet about syphilis as three vets misdiagnosed my buns.

How strange is it to have so many buns on here with it at the same time! My vet said he had only ever seen two cases.

When one of mine had it, I was told it's reeeeeeeeeally contagious so ALL in contact buns should be treated. It incubates for up to 12 weeks so it's really easy for there to be a continual cycle of reinfection if they aren't all treated at the same time.

Back