• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone else's rabbit not like outside?

sam_shinton84

Young Bun
Hi all,
I have an indoor rabbit, Flo, and she's about 6 months old now. We put her outside in her run for the first time at the weekend, but she didn't seem to like it at all! She just sat there looking really unhappy! At one point she went inside her tunnel for shelter.
We took her back inside shortly after as she was clearly unhappy :cry: .

I have to admit I'm quite disappointed about it because I was looking forward to spending the summer in the garden watching her play in the run that has been made especially for her!

Does anyone else have this problem? What can we do?

Thanks in advance x.

My Bertie used to be like that he would just look at the back door to let him back in:(.
But that all changed when I got him a wifeybun:D now he loves binkying round the garden with Fizz :D

My indoor bunny,Billy,has free reign of the house pretty much....when I put him outside in a run I'm sure he thinks he's in a cage,theres far less room to run about than there is indoors....he usually looks rather disgusted!

I still put him out though because I think he needs the fresh air and sunshine to be a healthy bun!

Alvin isnt a big fan, he likes sniffing the air from the safety of the house but put him outside and he goes into hiding under the sofa as soon as he gets the chance... pearl likes outside but doesnt trust the kitchen to get to the yard :lol::lol::lol::lol:

All of my rabbits love the great outdoors, and rattle their run doors if I don't open them quick enough to let them in the garden:lol:.

When you put your rabbit outside is she in a very exposed run, or is there a hutch or hidey she can go in?
I'd probably try completely covering one end of the run (top and sides) so she can ge used to being "exposed", and gradually she'll build her confidence.
Remember they are prey animals and expect to be attacked from the air as well as the ground, so giving her somewhere she feels secure is probably the key:D

lol i put mine in the garden and he just sits there last time he did move though, to go and hide under a bush

Back