• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ignorance is Bliss

lisabunnie

Alpha Buck
Oh Yea who for!

Two male bunnies four years old no names (do you name rabbits?) , living seperatly in what i can describe at best as a four sticks with chicken wire attached. God only knows why foxes haven't eaten them. Only fed fruit museli, no hay no bedding no shelter, veg once a week. Nails so long they are walking on them. Oh and no water..... they drink the rain water! their food is just thrown in not in a bowl.

They want them gone yesterday cos they cause mice and smell! I went there yesterday to sex them (they had no idea what they were) and i was so shocked. A beautiful house very expensive furniture lovely family and no flippin idea about how to look after their buns.

I have put cat boxes in their shelter,with straw in them given them bottles of water and even though i have no room, no spare hutches and all my fosterers are full i am collecting them on saturday.

I have given him such a talking to i don't think they'd dare get another pet!

And they say ignorance is bliss :evil:

So sad, it's such a familiar story isn't it? Seemingly intelligent people with no emotional intelligence when it comes to animals.

I wish you all the best, and wish if I lived closer that I could help with them.:(

oh poor bunnies - stupid owners causing mice and smell more like :evil:

The mouse problem will remain as we back onto marsh land. They are infested because they sweep / throw any leftover food on the floor the mice must have been having a party.

He said "i don't feed hay or give them bedding / shavings as thats what caused the mice!"

I have 13 buns at mo a bale of hay in the shed, loads of hay bedding in the hutches and the only mice i see are the ones the cat brings home

Very inteligent man!:censored:

Im going to be the fosterer for these poor buns.

Lisabunnie - Daniel wont be able to say know so I can come with you on Sat or you can drop them off no probs.
X

Poor bunnies!!!!! :( :evil: Some seemingly intelligent people can be VERY stupid sometimes! :roll: :evil: WELL DONE for getting them away from there!!! :D

It makes me mad why get the rabbits in the first place if they can't be bothered to look after them properly. Well done you for taking them out of there.

Back