• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dilema-apologies for long post

lilminxlou

Mama Doe
:oops: hi, last night i was talking to my brother in law, who has a pet rabbit for his family who i think the kids like and his wife generally does the looking after although, i dont think he's being looked after as much as he should be, some of his fur is matted so he needs to be groomed and most of the time his hutch is in need of a clean out. well anyway, last night my brother in law asked me if i wanted that bun as he didnt really want it, i would love to however, i dont have a hutch for him, or really enough room but i would probs make room if i do end up taking him, lol also, its an un-neutered doe and my buck is un-neutered which means they will both have to be kept seperate and i would like to have this bun but at the mo, im enjoying my bun so much i dont want him to feel neglected as you may have seen my post from before about him constantly binkying lol do you think im being selfish? or should i offer to help look after the bun somehow? he might not have been serious last night and i think the kids would be quite upset if the bun went :(

I personally would sort the matted fur out first.

Then get them both neutred/sprayed and bond them if you want another bunny.

If you can afford him and feel you have the time I would have him and spend time with both of them.

Im sure someone will be along soon with better answers than me :oops:

thanks like maybe i should offer to look after him for a week or something its just that im not sure if i do have what it takes to look after another bun i just dont know what to do for the best. i do want to take him on so i can make sure he gets treated ok but i only want to do this if needs be. atm she is kept outside which i could do with her if i had to but i would feel bit guilty about this as gumpy is an indoor bun and gets treated like a king if i say so myself lol

umm its like a big cage with a sheltered bit at the end but dont think the bun fits into the sheltered bit as the hole to get into it is quite small. the bun also shares with a guinea pig which i dont want to take on

I personally would sort the matted fur out first.

Then get them both neutred/sprayed and bond them if you want another bunny.

If you can afford him and feel you have the time I would have him and spend time with both of them.

Im sure someone will be along soon with better answers than me :oops:

I agree. YOur bunny would love a friend, as they nearly always do better with company. I would take her and spay her/ neuter him, then bond them so they live together. At least then you know she's getting the care she needs.
:)

it has crossed my mind maybe i could ask them to get her spayed before i take her on? as to get them both speyed would be expensive and would probs need a lot of time to keep an eye on them both. Also would i need to get a bigger hutch? not to sure how big mine is but think it would be unfair to put 2 buns in there also think he's a giant lop and mine is a dutch

i think your bunny would love a friend. I would do it defo. Sounds like the other rabbit needs the love and attention your bunny is getting and you're the person to give it that!:bunny::love::bunny:

They could both become house bunnies which sprayed/neutred then bonded.

So no need for a bigger hutch. I personally would ask them to get him done too.

Where will the piggie go ? :(

lol even though i dont particularly want the piggie if they do get rid of it i'll probs end up taking it in lol

Im still not sure if he was being serious last night plus still have to persuade other half yet its all just uncertain atm

I think your bun would love a friend!!! I was nervous about getting another bun cos Stella was settled on her own. I'm glad I did - its the best thing I could have done for her - she really loves her husbun:love::love::love:

It really doesn't take any extra time or energy to look after a second bunny. Two of mine live in the house and I love it! :)

if it was me i would neuter the new boy and spey yours(or which ever way around it is) generally males are much cheaper to neuter and it would mean a month later you could bond them and they do love company. of course not all rabbits will bond so i guess it is a chance you would be taking.but if you feel you can i find the only thing extra you have with bunnies is the fact they need a larger litter tray and obviously you have double the vaccination charges.

Back