• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uh Oh-Bert doesnt like A&P pellets...

JellyBelly

Mama Doe
....and i have a sack of them.
I tried him on them yesterday, mixed with his SS but he just picked out the SS and left the A&P.

Hmm do you think he will ever like them?

They all do that to start with....just keep cutting down the SS until he dosn't have a choice in the matter :rolleyes:

Well thats what i was thinking, he's just picking the bits he likes which happens to be the SS!

I ended up with a huge sack because i hadnt spent enough to use my card in the horse shop! Think i'll give half to my RSPCA as i will never use it all before it goes stale.

Now that I've got 8 rabbits the SS was getting a bit pricey so I'm giving them a combo of SS and A&P.
I started out mixing the 2 together and they hoovered up the SS and ate the A&P later when they realised it was better than nothing :rolleyes:

So I decided to change tactics! I feed them twice a day so I started giving them SS for the 1st meal and A&P for the 2nd and it's working out quite well.

I think if the A&P is given at the same time as SS it just makes it even less appealing... a bit like if someone offered me a bar of chocolate at the same time as an apple ;) :lol:

Back