• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new guinea pigs

ruthie

Warren Scout
I picked these guys up from my friend on saturday, she could no longer care foir them. They are both boys and about a year old.

Elvis had a drastic haircut on sunday morning, we cut about and inch and a half off, but you can't reallly tell, he was a little bit matted but not as bad as I expected.
Elvis2-1.jpg

Elvis1-1.jpg

Harvey, not having as long hair as Elvis didn't have too much cut off.

Harvey-1.jpg

Harvey1-1.jpg

Both boys have got sore feet from sitting in their urine:cry: but the vet said it doesnt look too bad, to take them back if it gets worse.
At the minute I am getting them used to being handled and brushed.

They enjoy eating their hay and veg, the only problem I'm having is they are not eating their pellets, I haven't given them any since sunday mornig and they still haven't eatern it all. They used to eat a bowl full twice a day, I have mixed in a new pellet with their old one, (not a lot tho) but I'm not sure what to do now. Any ideas?
cheers

oooh what handsome boys they are! :p I would keep on giving them the food they are used to for about a fortnight, then swap over slowly once they know you're not preparing them for Sunday dinner (yes that's really what they think :shock:)

BTW - if it's excel none of my piggies would touch it, and I tried for about a year - I'm going to try wagg optimum now, mixed in with their wagg crunch mix - I've been using guinea pig science selective but they're not crazy about that either :roll: they love their mix :)

it's not important for them to eat their pellets as long as they have lots of fresh hay and their veggies. I use a different hay like timothy hay, or the excel hay as it's more nutritional, as well as the bale of meadow hay I get from a farm.
I have one guinea who won't touch her pellets.

i think they should be eating their pellets as it will contain some of their vit c, which they need.

Keep them on their old pellet if they ate this, why change??

Mine will only eat Excel or P@H pellets.

Same goes for my buns!

Back