• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carlton feels a bit skinny...

Lauralou

Warren Veteran
the little monster got over his suspected cystitis - i wanted to give natural remedies a go before trying drugs and it's cleared up fine. he went to see Simon today just to make sure and he gave him a reet good feel, Carlton was loving it, just sits there with a face on like "do what you gotta do Simon, just make sure you fuss me afterwards" :lol:

I noticed that he was feeling a bit skinnier than usual and Simon confirmed that he has lost weight (though I didn't see how much) and isn't too concerned but obviously it's something we need to keep an eye on. His appetite, bowels, drinking and behaviour are all tip top and unchanged, he's still as cheeky as ever.

I don't particularly want to up his pellets, i like him being on a very low amount (he also gets a bit lazy with the cecals if he has a few too many) but I do want to get his weight up a bit....

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what with fatten this monster up in a healthy way?

I wouldn't worry if the vet didn't think it was anything to worry about - he feels a lot more rabbits than you do so Carlton must be an OK weight. Now he's better he'll not lose any more - I prefer to keep my bunnies on the slim side as it's healthier for them than being a bit porky :)

I wouldn't worry if the vet didn't think it was anything to worry about - he feels a lot more rabbits than you do so Carlton must be an OK weight. Now he's better he'll not lose any more - I prefer to keep my bunnies on the slim side as it's healthier for them than being a bit porky :)

:wave:thanks! i did read something about vets prefering that a rabbit is a bit lean than a bit pudgy, i'll take my worry pants off now! :lol:

Back