• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Fight Help/ UD went to the vet today.

sbunny

New Kit
:cry:I am beside myself. Somehow my 2 females, that are kept in seperate rooms both got out today. I was onlye gone for about 2 hours and when I got home there was fur everywhere. Most of the fur belongs to my lop so I found her first and checked her out and she is fine. So I went looking for my flemish baby (she is almost 5 months old) she did not fair so well. She has what looks like a split lip and a chunk of fur and skin hanging from her chin. She is not bleeding too bad, but seems a little shook up.
I am going to take her to the vet tomorrow. But what should I do in the meantime. Is it safe to clean the wound with hydrogen peroxide and neosporin antibiotic?
I am so so upset. I can't believe this has happened.:(

Last edited:
Just cleanse it with warm water with a little salt in it - just in case the vet uses something that reacts badly with what you've used.

I'm sure they'll be fine :)

update

Well I took her to the vet today, she cleaned her up really well, she needed a few stitches too. I was getting worried cause she didn't eat her breakfast and when the vet checked her out we discovered that in the fight she had also chipped a tooth. So she is on some pain meds, antibiotics and I gave her some critical care. She did eat some veg (a very small amount) when we got home which made me feel a little better.
I had hoped that in the near future (after she is spayed) that all three of my buns could live in the same room. But now it seems like that may not be possible.
I guess only time will tell. I moved her spay back an extra week so she could heal a little longer.:?

I'm pleased she is doing ok. I know how scary this is...I have bonded many bunnies and never had that much trouble so never experienced rabbits really going at each other, then my little lion head doe managed to get into the summerhouse where my other doe was and she was attacked. She had a hole 3 inches by 2 inches on her abdomen and hind leg... I was so upset and felt so guilty. She nearly lost her life in all of ten seconds of a scuffle. It's scary how much damage they can do to one another. Sometimes I don't think people take it seriously enough.

I agree, charlie82, even the vet tech. said that she had no idea rabbits could do such damage to one another.
When I bonded my first pair, there was a little chasing and fur flying, but nothing big. So I never expected this. I suspect that since my Flemish has not yet been spayed that made things worse. Or it could be that my little stone cold lop is a one bunny kind of gal. She has her man and is not letting any other bun near him!

I hope your little lionhead heals up nicely, that must have been really scary.

Back