• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escaped bunny.....

Not one of my two.

When I was picking my son up from school today someone pointed out a pure white bunny hopping about the school field.:shock:

I can only assume it has escaped from someone's house. Not sure how long it will survive as the school is quite near to the golf course and there are lots of foxes there:cry:

I asked my 8 year old and he said the teachers have been looking after it.:roll: by this he meant that they had been out and left some food for it.

Not sure if it is tame or anything but I am having the urge to check this poor little bun out. Only thing is the field is absolutely enormous so the chances of me catching it are very remote to say the least.

I have told my son to tell the teachers if they catch it to let me know I will take it to the RSPCA for them.

Somehow I can just picture myself running around a school field with a carry case/towel/food to try to catch/bribe it and all the kids laughing at me.:rolleyes: Not that I care if I can catch it.

Any thoughts anyone......

Good luck to you. Our first rabbit Holly escaped with 24 hours of getting her and was loose in the garden for three days. Our garden is kind of rabbit secure although they are kept in a compound and we just had to wait until we could trap her. She lived in the leylandii hedge for three days before she got hungry and missed her pellets.

I think a large field would be hell. I have visions of you with a butterfly net and this white bunny bounding all over the place.

Hope you get it before a fox does. Would the RSPCA help to catch it if you called them?

I couldn't have caught it today:cry: - I could just a say make it out at the other side of the field and didn't have anything to catch it with.

I am going to go into the school tomorrow and ask how long it has been there etc. and then ring the RSPCA and see if they will come out and try to catch it.

Believe me if I thought I could have caught it I would have but it was a little white dot on the horizon. The school field is enormous:shock:

I will check with the school if they have been feeding it and if it is tame and then ring the RSPCA.

In that sort of area you either want a cat trap or a pen you can chase it into to confine - the rspca might have some equipment to help :)

Guess it will be the RSPCA to the rescue (hopefully) because I don't have a cat trap or an enclosure I could chase it into.

You would not believe how big the school field is:shock:

Will ring them tomorrow and hopefully they can help......

If it will come near you then you could try a carrier with food at the back and sitting very very still next to it and close the door when it goes in. The other option is chucking a sheet over it's head which tend to make them stop/slow down. You have to get close though so doing that in a big field is probably not possible :?

Thanks Tamsin

I will try asking the school what they know as apparently a few of the teachers have been feeding it - don't know what or how though.

At least I may be able to try to find out how close it comes to people and how friendly it is.

Apparently it has been there for about a week or so.

If it is used to human contact through feeding then I can always try and take my dog crate around to the field or alternatively take a blanket.

If this fails I will call the RSPCA and ask for help.

I just have pictures of me sitting in the middle of a school field next to a dog crate on my own:shock::lol:

I won't mind as long as I can catch it and give the poor little thing some hope.

Back