• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new run almost finished, Pictures

xShellx

Alpha Buck
Here is it

maeblegetinbatternewrun022.jpg

maeblegetinbatternewrun023.jpg

maeblegetinbatternewrun020.jpg

Marbles got to wait another 5 weeks before he can use it though! For his broken hip to heal!

whats the best way to stop bunys digging out, I was thinking of puting slabs down or maybe concret about a foot down???

Or you can distract them from digging out,by having something inside to dig in (a sand pit full with soil is good x )
Jack x

Cor...looks good...is the mesh(fencing I presume?) fixed with wire or something?...how are you sorting out a door?

Hi, Its actually a dog run I got for £105 off ebay.

There is a door on it on the end which can be padlocked.

The mesh is tied with wire.

I am planing to have the rabbit hutch door open all day so they can go in and out as they please.

That looks great, is there a top on it because you've not only got to worry about them escaping but also other things getting in e.g. foxes etc...

Last edited:
Hi, Its actually a dog run I got for £105 off ebay.

There is a door on it on the end which can be padlocked.

The mesh is tied with wire.

I am planing to have the rabbit hutch door open all day so they can go in and out as they please.

Oh cool....I did wonder where the metal frame came from too...lol...purpose built!...Derrrr Davina!

Oh cool....I did wonder where the metal frame came from too...lol...purpose built!...Derrrr Davina!

its a dog run, cost £300 new. The lady bought it for her rabbits but the gaps where too wide. Its perfect for giants. I bought some chicken wire today going to put in about a foot underground round the edges so they cant dig, not so sure about the top.

Thats fabby looking. I built a huge run for my bunnies and am currently making a 2nd one for the pair I adopted in December. I put paving slabs down to stop the bunnies digging out and potential predators digging in. I used heavy duty mesh doubled all around the run and put metal panels at the back and sides for extra security. Finally for the hutches, I fixed a catflap onto each one so the bunnies could choose when to come and go without having a draughty house. They are out all year 24/7. They only time the go into the hutch is in extreme heat and they poo outdoors in their litter trays so the hutch stays clean. I also padlock the gate and roof down and have fitted alarms to run which are switched on at night. I'm also setting up a camera for extra security. It sounds paranoid but I think my bunnies are worth protecting. SO my advice would be to lay down slabs and put a catflap on for Marble. You'd be amazed at how quick the bunnies are in learning to use it.

Back