• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Marble Update (Broken Hip) Lots of photos!

xShellx

Alpha Buck
Marbles really improving, Its 1 week today since he discolcated his hip.

This is a photo of his xray which shows his discolcated hip.
maeblegetinbatternewrun025.jpg

Marble today
maeblegetinbatternewrun012.jpg

maeblegetinbatternewrun005.jpg

maeblegetinbatternewrun002.jpg

maeblegetinbatternewrun021.jpg

And poppy, Look how big she is for 11 weeks!

maeblegetinbatternewrun019.jpg

was thinkin oh poor thing thats a bit small but then i remembered why he in there...to mend his little hip...bless him send him vibes and nose rubs from me and the buns .xx (snowy sends licks too! she is sat with me on my lap and was looking quite inquisitivly at him!!)

was thinkin oh poor thing thats a bit small but then i remembered why he in there...to mend his little hip...bless him send him vibes and nose rubs from me and the buns .xx (snowy sends licks too! she is sat with me on my lap and was looking quite inquisitivly at him!!)

I no bless him but its for his own good. He seams quite happy though! On the xray you can see where the hip joint is out of the socket and shifted about a cm north! So hes going to have one leg shorter then the other bless him.

I did let him go in the tiny run today so he sit in the sun. He started to use his leg again but you can see hes trying not to put weight on it.

Hi snowy lol x

I wondered what I was supposed to be looking at for a mo on the X-Ray and then I saw it! :shock: My goodness it made my eyes water! Poor boy, but I'm glad he's going to be okay, bless him!

Both adorable btw! :love:

Back