• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my degus

Deelove

Wise Old Thumper
Jack and Dave degu have a new cage now, so I took a couple of pictures of them. They love their new cage and are setting about destroying the shelves already.
:love:
Both of them. Jack's the one in the food dish. He's top degu.
Cimg1022.jpg

Dave
Cimg1025.jpg

Cimg1023.jpg

Jack

Cimg1019.jpg

Cimg1018.jpg

New home.
They're in there somewhere if you can spot them. :lol:
Cimg1006.jpg

They are eating carrot tops if you were wondering.

Last edited:
ohhhh i sooo love them :love: :love: :love:

i almost got some once but realised theres not enough space for another huge cage :'( one day hopefully i can offer some a home

I love degus! Their cage looks great too, where did you get it? They look so cute eating their carrot tops.

I managed to get it from a small local petshop that was closing down so it was half price. Someone did find one for me at a website called pet warehouse. If you do a search for chinchilla cage it will come up at various places.

Thanks for the comments. :D

They were in a critter 2 but it's really heavy and bulky for me to lift and move about, this one has a pull out tray at the bottom and is on wheels so spins round. :D

These two aren't very hand tame as they were from a rescue, one day I'd like to get some from the degutopia lady.

ohhhh i sooo love them :love: :love: :love:

i almost got some once but realised theres not enough space for another huge cage :'( one day hopefully i can offer some a home

You can probably see they are in our bathroom. They were on the computer desk but as this cage is so tall we're at a loss as to where to put them at the moment. :lol: They're not right in the middle now but tucked behind the door. Made bath time interesting watching them running about.

You can probably see they are in our bathroom. They were on the computer desk but as this cage is so tall we're at a loss as to where to put them at the moment. :lol: They're not right in the middle now but tucked behind the door. Made bath time interesting watching them running about.

I hadn't even noticed they were in a bathroom!:lol::lol:

I had a pair of degus 3 years ago. I have a male who i had castrated and a female but she never grew bigger than the size of a gerbil for some reason.

The male wasnt very friendly even though I handled him every day (wearing thick garden gloves).

I had to rehome them to a rehoming centre when I fell pregnant as they used to spray wee everywhere. And as I was living in a flat there wasnt any where I could move them to.

I also had a Rat which I kept and he was the sweetest thing ever. Was really clean and used to come to me when I called him. He was pts as he got a tumer on his spine and went paralised was only 1 year old as well.

I adore degus!!

They develop such amazing characters and have great inquisitive personalities.

I love chattering to them and they look at you with such a quizzical look on their little faces :)

Excellent cage!!

I must have got a nasy one then! The pet shop let me have him for £5 lol. even castration and girlfriend didnt help.

if only i had a bathroom big enough *dreams*

we cant get the chippies cage out of the room, not very good forward planning :roll::roll: my new cage will be amazing deffo making a go of it this weekend.. and maybe one day ill use my plans for a degu cage... but shush ste doesnt know yet :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I adore degus!!

They develop such amazing characters and have great inquisitive personalities.

I love chattering to them and they look at you with such a quizzical look on their little faces :)

Excellent cage!!

They are good to chat to. When I lived at home my Dad used to like chatting to them and getting them to bite his nails. It's a weird habit they do.

Donnamt said:
if only i had a bathroom big enough *dreams*

we cant get the chippies cage out of the room, not very good forward planning my new cage will be amazing deffo making a go of it this weekend.. and maybe one day ill use my plans for a degu cage... but shush ste doesnt know yet

I must have got a nasy one then! The pet shop let me have him for £5 lol. even castration and girlfriend didnt help.

I think they have to be handled a lot as babies. Ours will walk on us but don't like to be held. I just like to watch them and interact with them on their terms. Dave bit me not long ago on my knuckle, I still have the scar and it swelled up really badly. :lol:

i have two male degus called tigger and roo and iv got the same cage its great iv got two of them one for the degus and one for the chinchillas. got both of mine off e bay one for £35 and the other for £5

Back