• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Abandoned Piggy - Now A Honeypig - More Info

baileydonut

Alpha Buck
I had a call from my vets yesterday who had had an abandoned piggie handed into them. Some workmen had found her left in a house in a fishtank :evil:

She had had fluids overnight on Saturday and stayed with the vets yesterday under observation.

I phoned today and they said she was ok to be released.

The RSPCA are currently investigating the matter.

The vet said she was told the investigation should only take a couple of weeks and she will then be able to be rehomed.

Her one claw was sooo long it was over one of her other claws :evil:

She was obviously scared when we picked her up, but she has been nibbling her hay since I have got her home and I have heard her munching on a piece of carrot. Bless her.

I don't think she is very old, probably only about 5-6 months.

Here she is ....

abandon.jpg

Not the best photo, but she would not stay still, she kept scurrying over to me - bless. She has some tan on her, but it has not shown in the piccie.

So Jill, what shall what shall we call her? Martha has suggested Sweetie, but Joe and myself are struggling to find something suitable.

Last edited:
She's lovely ..we've had a Bubbles..so

She could be..thinking of the sweetie theme..

Liquorice
Bourneville
Munchie
Snickers
Twirl

or Raffles
Oona
Mary
Isabelle
Jessica

like any of those? :lol:

Munchie - we had one years ago, but suddenly died in my arms from a suspected heart attack :(

My OH was very useful on the name front - NOT - he suggested Fishy or Flipper as she was found in a fish tank. Hopeless !!!!!!!!

* ahem *:wave:

Is she part of a rescue at the moment or does she just need a good home?

Or has she got one already?.... :D

Well..that was quick..Munchie has a reserve on her!:shock: :lol:
She can't go for a while but the person is happy to wait:D

Back