• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reflex action?

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Rhia flops aaaall the time, She must an absolute minimum of 10 whilst shes in the house with me in the afternoons. The minute she flops, she starts really grooming her front paw, its really strange - like she cant not do it ...Is this some kind of reflex? :love: X

Maybe it's a Rhia quirk? :D

Molly will always groom the floor if he's lying down and I often notice if two rabbits are lying together they will groom each other so perhaps it's an instinct for strengthening bonds.

ive only ever seen peanut flop twice, and domino once!! everrrr!

never seen Jelly baby or pebs do it tho!!

must be a rhia thing!:lol::)

Amber does that! :shock:
I always just told myself that Amber's a bit... well, daffy. She's all preffy, but ditzy, so I thought the flop and seemingly needing to lick at her front paw was just a funny thing she did...

Rhia flops aaaall the time, She must an absolute minimum of 10 whilst shes in the house with me in the afternoons. The minute she flops, she starts really grooming her front paw, its really strange - like she cant not do it ...Is this some kind of reflex? :love: X

Daisy used to do that too! Every time she flopped she'd lick her paw... and she'd always lie with her paws in the same position, every single time! :lol:

How strange? :lol: Wonder what its all about?! Yep she sometimes licks the floor when shes laying down too! X

I'd say its definetely a special little quirk.;) Rhia is luurrvvlleeyy!:love:

Ooo and about licking the floor - Millie does that sometimes too;)...along with my shoes.:roll::lol::lol:

Miles always licks the floor when he's lying down. I've not seen them lick their paws when they flop though. :)

AMETHYST

Lola does it!!!! I thought it was strange too. She does happy flops ALL day long. Loads of them! At she grooms herself while she's doing it aswell. I think its very sweet :love: She also licks the floor a lot and flops down where shes been licking:love:

when snowy first licked me i felt so special.....but now she licks my boyf anyone who strokes her, dora...the floor....... the cha..ir the hutch...um well pretty much anything lol but i stil say she loves me when she licks me! lol

Neither of my current buns do this, but our previous bun, Holly did. She used to do flops and sometimes she would roll on the ground too. It was really cute. She just looked like someone had turned her off all of a sudden!! :lol::lol:

Back