• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is your rabbit moulting?

vengeful.veggie

Alpha Buck
Am I the only one that has rabbit fur flying everywhere? It's only Benjamin, there's grey fur on everything. It's making me caugh and sneeze a little. I'm not allergic to buns, but I do have allergies to dogs and cats. So I guess the fur flying everywhere is triggering allergies a little.

I have tablets anyway. I try to groom him a few times a day to get most of the shedding fur out but it hasn't reduced how much there is at all.

There's fur all over the crate, carpet, me, the laptop and floating in the air >_<

Is your rabbit moulting? Is there anything I can do to help?

Jess has finished but Elsie is moulting now, she is white and it goes everywhere. Last week the vet said he was going to have to get the industrial vacuum cleaner in as both he and the surgery were covered in her fur!! Fortunately they are spending lots of time in their room at the moment so the rest of the house isn't too bad. I just have their window open as much as possible (just the small one as I'm sure they've already planned to abseil down if i ever open the big one :roll:) and hoover lots. A damp hand rubbed over them picks up a lot of fur and it sticks to you rather than it floating around when just brushing :D

Bluebell started, then he stopped, now he's started again! Willow got it all over and done with first time around. Not much you can do accept brush it out as best you can.

chelsea never seems to stop and she changes colour lol, snowy is currently moulting and looks grumpy due to her moult line, dora hasnt started yet.

Smokey seems to have stopped, she looks pretty tidy:D.

Inky is moulting terribly though, I have pulled handfuls out in the last few days:shock:.

My Bella loses fur everyday, don't know if you would call it moulting though. Whenever we hoover we always find little balls of her fur but when you look through her fur it's all still on her! Amazing :lol:

Oh and I know it's nothing to do with moulting or anything but you know when I clean out Bella, I use paper ripped up. When I put Bella back in and after she has a lay down, she would pick up a piece with her teeth and hold it and jump around her cage. Sometimes going in circles. She does this all the time. We say she's "wallpapering" and that she cannot reach her ceiling as she's "redecorating" :oops: Is it normal, does anyone else's rabbit do this? When you clean out your rabbit(s) what do you use???

My 2 are both moulting - Jem more than Flopsy:rolleyes:

I have to brush out the carpet (in their hutch) every day as its covered in rabbit fluff:shock:

Jem even has moult lines all over her head and body.:lol:

Hair everywhere here as well, especially as Scruf is long haired. Grooming Eve lots but she has had a moult line on her back for 6 weeks so far!

Willow always seems to lose a lot of fur but is properly moulting at the moment. I keep pulling chunks out to speed it up so now he has a really raggedy back end :oops:

Back