• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit vitamins

Emm-Jane76

Mama Doe
Can I have everyone's opinion on rabbit vitamins.

I put about three drops of vitamins into the buns water. Do you think this is absolutely necessary and a waste of money or do you think it will actually benefit them? Does anyone else give their buns vitamins?
Em x

I used to give them to my piggies, but when I mentioned on a forum, the general opinion was that they werent needed and could cause more harm than good (over doing the vits is quite dangerous)

So long as there is always plenty of fresh clean drinking water (Jasmine, that does NOT mean my Orange juice :lol::lol:) and good quality hay, and veggies, you should be fine

A rabbit should get everything it needs from a balanced diet unless there are health issues involved.

The only suppelemnt I use is probiotics, and thats not continually.

Thanks all for the advice. I think I may knock them on the head then as they are pretty expensive - about £4 for a little bottle!

Back