• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lucy is a clever Bunny...

RusselRocky

Mama Doe
Well I had to share this with you all even more so because some of you are very blue :(

Now for those of you who remember my thread on Lucy (little blue otter netherland dwarf which broke her hind leg and then had to have it amputated) I was worried for a long time about all the things she would not be able to do, but since then we have worked out she can stamp her one back leg, scratch, clean with one paw and if she feels the need for a real bath then she flops down and cleans whilst lying down, she has the most trust for me and o/h then any animal I have ever seen, she is loving too and happily runs up to you when you gesture... Then last night the best thing ever happened... She was running around doing her usual happy head shake and then all of a sudden she did a massive binky and didn't fall over. I was so happy :D she is such a clever little bunny and I had tears in my eyes that she could have such a good life and was so happy even though I feel it is my fault in the first place. So GO LUCY!!! :D:D:lol::lol:

P.S. O/H fell in love with her last night so much... I saw it that made me happy too :D

Its so nice when they are happy, my little jake was having a run in the garden on saturday and despite his wonky leg he was still doing little wiggles/binkies. Not quite as dramatic as the other two but it was nice to see that he was still happy and enjoying his run around!

Aw... thanks for sharing that with us, it is lovely to hear how well they can cope and adapt (far better than humans I'm sure).

Hannah

Aww that is lovely. Glad she has made a good recovery. She obviously is loving being alive even with three legs!

yay!! go little lucy!!

i remember when ut old me she had broken her leg and u were soo worried, its wonderfulh ow happy she is now :D

aww that's fantastic news! so glad she is adapting well and it's not your fault - she is obviously very fragile and we all knwo you weren't throwing her around or anything :lol: :oops:

Back