• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how do i split up my house for two pairs of buns?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
well i have decided hat i have been so bloomin ill that i wouldnt even try rebonding bif n bandit anymore but i did let them out to exercise together asneither one likes coming out for more than a few seconds....

the space isnt big but its enough for poor bandit right now with his nervous weeing problem..hes sprinkled and puddled his way around as well as usuing the tray tonite bless him.

Bif pulled out a bit of his fur tonite and he pulled out a chunk of hers..but that was twice compared to last night with 2 sessions of fur pulling and three spats.
both times they came out..last night at 7.30pm tonite at 9pm and they both nights were put to bed at 12.45am!!

bandits so nervous but is always so friendly bouncy and loving bless him. he anticipates a nose rub or being stroked and as you near him he starts purring and goes mad puring when you touch him and turns bunny puddle..hes adorable. Bif has seen us making such a fuss with him and has even asked nay begged for a nose rub! and shes let us make a fuss of her even more tonight..bless her.
they have a litter tray from their respective homes and their food n water bowls and they share it all and swap around....they have even been sleeping alongside the other one whose kipping in the litter tray almost nose to nose or cheek to cheek really sweet. i hope it continuse as i might be very tempted to rebond them indeed.
howcome when you want to bond them they fight tooth and nail and when youre just letting them out together and not expecting anything it works better!!?

trouble is i now have the problem with willow..shes turned real nasty with the buns with us with bertie even..she bullies him and wont let him have any affection from us if he does she comes and pushes him back her way and then humps him several times..shes so possessive and jealous.
bertie everyday when the pen is open and were in and out our end of the lounge where the tv is he comes and "visits" the little buns..well bif was his missus. bandit bites him thru the cage and then after a while rubs noses with him same with bif..but willow comes into smell..bandit goes for her like crazy thru the bars and bif does too but bandit is worse!!

i have three pen panels around the crate..bifs cage is behind the crate as willow really hates bif now..... i worry for them both but esp bif being bullied..but she used to make willows life hell when she had her time in a rottweiler crate...what comes around i gues.....

we need to clear boxes etc in the spare room into plastic boxes as the mould is getting even worse and we need the council to get access to the ceiling where the damp patch is...oh yes its condensation i forgot:rolleyes:
then we can get the pc and the trolley its on up there.....move the tv against the party wall but we will get two speakers and put them halfway donw the lounge and turn the sound off at the tv so not to annoy the neighbours.
it will mean the lounge will in effect be split in half..i want to either get pen panels or maybe an aviary panel on its side to act as a buffer to prevent willow from getting down than end of the lounge...im going to allow the littlies access to the hallyway and stairs..bif can climb a few but bandit cant at all...its a nice binkying hallway....the kitchen door leads to the halway but im going to put a baby gate across it..the other kitchen dooorway leads to the lounge and is open plan doorway so the frenchies can half the lounge and the kitchen which is a decent size i guess.

am i being cruel...can you suggest what i do? in the early evening when berties awake id like to let him come up to us as hes a cuddly old lump and i miss being with him..that willow is too much:(

i want to give my buns whats best for them..definately no rebonding the 4some EVER.

i worry tho that we cant spend as much time in berties company and hell die and we will be so gulity and mad that we will never be ok for it.

i hateto say it but right now i am beginning to wish willow wasnt here..its awful as she was so cuddly and i loved her and she loved me and all visitors...now shes absolutely horrid and i feel repulsed i could even think so badly:cry:

i think its the whole health thing im battling right now thats making me feel like it..least i hope so:cry:

i realsie i could easily bond bertie and the other two in no time but willow would kill them shes turned so aggressive..even the cats are giving her a wide berth andthey love her....

is divindg the lounge making her worse?
when she got past the pen but couldnt get to bif as i put panels aorund her cage..willow retalieted by peeing on the sofa and chairs ever day thats why now its penned off and bertie cant nap ont he settee anymore:(

help...advice...please!!

i know its a long post but i had to explain whats going on

i am at a loss at how to pen it off the right way..is what i suggested a good idea or has anyone got any other methods or ideas how i can do it successfully.

poor willow i am so sory for what i posted in the wee small hours..id never try to rehome her......i just need to spend some one on one time alone with her..sadly in this house its not an option.

maybe i can wait for some dry days and take her to my mums garden and spend time with her in the garden..i wil take bertie of course but i want to get on the ground and let her come to me all over again.

do you reckon this is still spring fever or has willowtaken it upon herself to rule the ros and i am the one who is caring for all bunnies and cats and shes out to get me? shes never growled or attacked me to bite me no..she runs away and hides or lunges and pushes me away and past me.

can you baby gate off a room so that they can't see and smell each other. Perhaps one lot in the kitchen, one in the living room.

sadly no...the kitchen doorway into the lounge is a very wide doorless doorway.....the frenchies have a kids pop up tent they sleep in etc and food and litter trays nearby with room to flop.

i will double partition the lounge maybe put up a wooden door on its side so they cant see each other at least..what do you think?

I'm not sure if this is going to make any sense to you, but I'll give it a try, just to give you an idea how we used to keep our two pairs of buns. Downstairs is open plain so I had to set up a system of cube panels to divide up their separate areas.

We kept Missy and Wilf's litter tray and feeding area in the hallway, they also had access going through into the kitchen; at the end of the kitchen (which is a walk through really) we had some panels going across to separate this area from the dining room, where we kept Molly and Beanie. We also had more panels going across between the dining room the living room, so that we had a bunny free room. The panels were mostly held into place with something heavy like a door stop, or wedged and attached to the furniture. This always worked well for us as the panels were high enough to fence our bunnies in, but low enough for us to step over easily.

In our old house we also used a baby gate with some cardboard attached to it so they couldn't see each other. I know all this doesn't look very pretty but, as long as my buns were happy it was worth it. :)

Anyway hope that's a bit of help to you, and good luck!

it made perfect sense! thank you so much for the input.

mm yep cardboard ont he baby gate but the lounge will have to be shared by all of us...the kitchens not really accessible for buns safely..but the frenchies moreso wilow likes to sleep on the cool floor and nose aorund seeing if she can snif out any cereal or biscuits or stale bread crust within paws reach:shock:

bertie doesnt venture in there any more these days and bif n bandit never liked the openess of the kitchen.....

we have cub panels from years back from my daughters bedroom but seeing as willows so big we need much taller systems:shock:

i think ill have topen off the frenchies area so we have a walkway without disturbing them whilst theyre sleeping and then same for the little buns...my lounge isnt massive but tis going to have to be done..and when the cats are safe in my garden with some diy cat proofing fencing then the buns can have the garden in shifts to run wild in....

Back