• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training - help!

Woodlouse

Mama Doe
We have a bonded foursome of two boys and two girls, all neutered. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=126815 Up until recently things were going great with the litter training but all of a sudden we seem to have a few puddles in the bunny room! Not in one particular spot and there are plenty of trays for them all to use (three huge ones and all four buns can fit in one!). Think the main culprit is little Trix, but we've also seen Ant being "naughty" :lol:

Any suggestions as to what is causing this?? Or, more importantly, any advice on what to do to resolve it?!!? Please ...

Abi :wave: I was just about to post a 'litter traing help post myself' :lol::lol::lol:

I want to let Bungle and Nush have free run of the conservatory but I can't as Bungle is a giant poop monster :shock: I've tried picking up his poops and putting them in the tray but he just tries to stop me :shock:

Can anyone help us? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaassseee !!!!!!

that made me laugh sorry. whenever i try to sweep up harley's poos he sits on top of them getting in the way of the brush and pan!
i need advice on this myself

I need help too! :wave: :lol:

Bobbin used to be such a good boy but he's really taken to weeing and pooing on the bunny room sofa... and it really smelt this morning! :shock:

I need help too! :wave: :lol:

Bobbin used to be such a good boy but he's really taken to weeing and pooing on the bunny room sofa... and it really smelt this morning! :shock:

Oh no its catching :shock: !! Actually I may be able to help you - he can probably still smell Broome. Can you wash the cover???

Oh no its catching :shock: !! Actually I may be able to help you - he can probably still smell Broome. Can you wash the cover???

Yes it's been washed once, maybe not well enough though - I don;t like to put too much detergent in for the bun things. Maybe i'll wash it again and Febreeze it?

Is Febreeze safe for them?

We used a litter called "potty training pearls" It really helped as I think it retained the odors for them. I had to change it twice a day and left a little in the corner of the tray. It is quite expensive but we only had to use it for a week, then mixed it with the new litter. We now use "Yesterday's News" which is made from recycled newspaper. It has no odor and they do not eat it either, but is a pelleted form so it is easy to clean out. My female will do all of her business in the tray but the male still likes to poo randomly around. I have actually seen HER try to pick up after him! That is how I should have known she was a girl!!:lol:

Seen as so many people, myself included, are having issues all at the same time.....anyone think spring fever has a lot to answer for :shock:

Seen as so many people, myself included, are having issues all at the same time.....anyone think spring fever has a lot to answer for :shock:

:lol: Yes, I agree. Lets all compare notes in couple of months when this spring thing has passed

even my buns who are normally very pee litter trained had an accident last night and this morning. As sooty has had EC I'm going to worm them to make sure but other than that all I can suggest is paper towl to soak it up spils. Put that in the litter tray under the litter. Wash spill well with biological washing liquid/powder in hand hot water and leave for 10 minutes. Rinse with water and vinigar (strength depends on how much you like your room to smell of a chippy). I've noticed as well that mine are much more likely to pee out of the litter tray if it's a bit stinky so clean it out often.

Back