• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zippy Again 8-/

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
She's covered in something, I don't know what it is, I've gone to put her in her hutch and she's all sicky, but like a dried sticky. There's niothing poisonous in the garden she could of got into. Bryn's shaving it off her as it's too cold to bath her. What on earth could it be :?

She's covered in something, I don't know what it is, I've gone to put her in her hutch and she's all sicky, but like a dried sticky. There's niothing poisonous in the garden she could of got into. Bryn's shaving it off her as it's too cold to bath her. What on earth could it be :?

Dried saliva ?

Janex

Has she been running about the garden?

What does it smell of? bird poop, sap from something?

Slug slime?

I found a slug stuck in Mona's fur once. She must have sat on it when she was playing on the lawn. Her fur was dry but very sticky. I had to untangle all her fur and pull it out because it was stuck right against her skin. Amazingly the slug was stilll alive but Mona was most disgruntled. I had a job untangling that. After I got it out though, she did the funniest thing. I set her back on the ground and she turned round and scrabbled on my knew and growled as if to blame me. I found that wee strop hilarious though:lol:

Slug slime?

I found a slug stuck in Mona's fur once. She must have sat on it when she was playing on the lawn. Her fur was dry but very sticky. I had to untangle all her fur and pull it out because it was stuck right against her skin. Amazingly the slug was stilll alive but Mona was most disgruntled. I had a job untangling that. After I got it out though, she did the funniest thing. I set her back on the ground and she turned round and scrabbled on my knew and growled as if to blame me. I found that wee strop hilarious though:lol:

It's all over her there would have to be a lot of slugs :shock:

Lying in something fruity?! :lol: Do you have strawberry juice over the grass :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Have you got fruit trees? :?

I found one of my buns like this once, sticky all over. Turned out it was a mixture of cob webs and wood sap from his hutch!

oh will have a look in hutch, it's between her toes on hr belly, back and legs all over her. Not on any of the others :?

It's all over her there would have to be a lot of slugs :shock:

Burst slugs can be pretty messy. Poor thing, a fruity smell is strange. I don't think slug slime has a smell discernible to humans. I think Losing the Plot's suggestion is closer to the truth. Some wood sealants smell fruity.

Ermmmmm :oops: Laura was nearly right, I may of left a carton of orange juice down there :oops: , it must of fell on her cause there is no juice left just a box squashed, I completely forgot. She's been covered in a lot and it's dried now, we've cut the worse bits off, under the actual stickness, the fur is ok, so don't think it's got to her skin. Will she be ok, or should I bath her?

:lol: she must have rolled around in it :roll:

You could try rubbing a bit of flour in and combing it out? Just try a bit first it will either work really well or make a terrible mess. Otherwise once over with a damp cloth and leave her to lick the rest.

Tam

Back