• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend might have a pregnant bunny?

Amsy1991

Mama Doe
A friend of ours has 2 rabbits, a girl and a boy. They have just seperated them a few weeks or days ago as they found out at the vets that they werent sisters, they were a boy and a girl.

Cause they went away for the weekend camping me and my mums popped over in the morning and night to check on them and feed them. We noticed Honey, the female, carrying straw around and it looked like the was making a nest at the back on her hutch. Then today when we went in the morning a lot of her fur was all over her hutch. We think she is pregnant. We have told her owners and they are also checking it out with Chloe.

Any tips or anyone think she is pregnant? Just wanted to post it for your comments etc. :D

quite possibly could be, best thing is if you do have to touch the nest at all rub you hand on something that smells of mum as if you dont she will possibly reject the kits(if she has them) gestation is around 30 days. so it is possible this is a phantom or that shei s ready to give birth in a few days.

humm ok thanks for that :) i forgot to tell her that when/if she has them dont touch the kits. im seeing her daughter tomorrow so ill remind them then. or i can just phone now. she has only just started making the nest this weekend, we saw her carrying the straw on saturday. is it possible to say how long is left or not? :)

Back