• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tiny Hutch on Ebay - Being Sold by a 'Rescue'

its a 3ft so a bit small i think. but then i am buying a 3ft dog crate for my bun for after her spey op(she a nethie cross) and she will be only in it indoors at night rest of time will be in house allowed out.(she normally garden bun who is out in garden 99% of time but comes inside to play in evening./cold weather. hmm i guess if you used it as a run shelter it would be fab?! but not as a permenant living accomodation.

its a 3ft so a bit small i think. but then i am buying a 3ft dog crate for my bun for after her spey op(she a nethie cross) and she will be only in it indoors at night rest of time will be in house allowed out.(she normally garden bun who is out in garden 99% of time but comes inside to play in evening./cold weather. hmm i guess if you used it as a run shelter it would be fab?! but not as a permenant living accomodation.

Shelter maybe but I really don't think that a rescue should promote accommodation of this size at all. I think it sends out the wrong message. If they advertised it for piggies only I wouldn't have quite such a problem, or even if they only listed it as 'only suitable for a shelter' but they are advertising it as suitable for 'a' small bunny.

I have undersized hutches with the doors removed that were donated being used in the garden too, so I see how that is a good idea for that purpose. They are in our communal run so that there is a hidey hole for our holiday buns to pop into.

But I just don't think that there is a strong enough message here.:(

Can you not suggest the ad is reworded.

It only has 4 hours left to go and it has bids so they would only be able to add more and not delete or revise anything.

I might contact them 'off air' as it were to ask if they were aware that it's far too small for bunnies.

I have to confess, before I knew anything about buns, my old Nethie livied in a hutch about that size. I do still have it, and use it as storage for hay and bits and bobs, when Marvin and Horace piggies had their fight, I had to put one in it (desperate measures!)

Back