• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Watery eyes

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Bailey has watery eyes every so often due to his teeth, he is on a low pellet high hay and veg diet due to me trying to help him need less dentals.

Earlier I noticed some of the fluid wasn't clear, so wiped it away. Its been clear since, but why would it be milky?

Im hoping to get him to the vets tuesday afternoon.

Thankyou x

it can be when the tear ducts get blocked the tears become more salty this can be often seen as milky, also could be an infection like conjunctivitus which needs eye drops

When Macks eye's are bad he produces a milky fluid....he relapsed with a severe infection last week and had to go on anti-inflammatories and analgesic too as it hurt him for me to touch his eye.

Fucithalmic and oral Baytril has cleared it up again but he is on a much longer course than last time in the hope we may be able to properly knock it on the head.

The next step will be another attempt at a duct flush otherwise :?

My Opal has milky eyes every so often. She suffered from it throughout the summer last year, but it eventually cleared up after 2 tear duct flushes and a long course of Tiacil. She had small molar spurs but nothing that required a dental. She had it again a couple of weeks ago, so she had another tear duct flush and another Tiacil course. Tiacil is magic, really it is. Her teeth were again fine. She hasnt needed a dental yet. I put it down to the fact she is a prolific hay eater!

:wave: still get the tear duct flushed as i have ones that one minute are fine then the next day a real mess. they have chloremphanical drops to put in twice a day. also so have some with dodgy teeth too, they have chopped up plain bonios as it helps file down the teeth. they love it too:D and it does work. they have it mixed in with their food.

Back