• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bun - caught yesterday

NellieNooNoo

Warren Scout
Yesterday we saw a rabbit hopping around the road, so after a frantic 3/4 hr managed to catch the little thing - muddy and oily but apart from that seems to be really healthy.

Have put into indoor hutch just in case he's claimed but so far the phone is deathly silent.

He's all white, with pink eyes and sticky up ears - any idea what he might be (will put some pictures up later). Think he's quite young and unneutered.

We've named him Snowball and will be staying with us, Button and Bumble if unclaimed.

Well done for catching him.

I'd employ common sense quarrantine and hand washing procedures until you know what's what with him, just to be on the safe side.

As promised, may I introduce Snowball
web.jpg

he is lovely!
Did you really find him?
I never find stray animals running along the road :cry:
My friend found a spaniel in tesco car park :shock:
I think he is a very lucky bun x

I hadn't thought of that:lol: What is he? Any idea??

How big is he?

I'd say he is most likely just a very handsome mixed breed. :D Maybe a nethie cross?
His ears don't look very big compared to the rest of him so I would guess, if he is quite young that he is a small/medium bunny?

Last edited:
He looks like my Lewis, I always thought he should have had a waistcoat and a pocket watch hence his name, after Lewis Carroll

He is lovely. Well done for catching him.

The reason I now have bunnies is that we found one running around the road at 1am in the morning 7 years ago and my drunken husband and his friend caught her. We never found out who she belonged to but she had 5 good years with us.:D

I always feel this sneaky admiration for people who manage to catch stray bunnies. ^^' I can't imagine it's an easy task... so well done you for finding and catching him! He looks lovely.

I have a habit of finding strays but usually dogs; think the total is six since living in South Wales but first time I've encountered a rabbit running around the streets. Apparently there are two more that have been dumped by a pond but I haven't seen them.

I'm so glad I managed to catch him as three cars came by in the short time I was out and that was about 7.30 in the morning, pretty sure he must have been out all night.

Not sure how to describe his size but he's smaller than my dwarf lop - if that makes any sense.

Well it's definitely someone's loss and my gain as I'm very taken with him and he's beautiful.

P.S. my tip for catching a stray rabbit. Ask two young, strong men to help and let them do all the work :lol: Honestly, on my own I was trying for nearly 3/4 hr with my two willing helpers it took five mins.

Well done for catching him. They are tremendously hard to catch. Its probably some muppet who set him free.

I've found a stray dog, several stray cats (who established themselves in this house), hedgehogs, baby geese and even a lost racing pigeon... but never a stray rabbit! :lol: Which is a good thing... but I like to be prepared! In the event a stray bunny appears, I'll do that... enlist manly help, and perhaps direct the operation from a handy wall.

P.S. my tip for catching a stray rabbit. Ask two young, strong men to help and let them do all the work :lol: Honestly, on my own I was trying for nearly 3/4 hr with my two willing helpers it took five mins.

I resorted to asking some school children to help me when I caught a stray bun... unless you have a huge net, or its the friendliest bun in the world, you have little or no chance on your own.

Just last week we were driving along and spotted a black rex sitting on the kerb of a dual carriageway, I jumped out and tip toed to him, but he was a scardey bun and disappeared into a hedge that backed onto a field... zero chance of catching him.

Well done, Snowball looks lovely. :)

Back