• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats the best food...

Rabbiting on

Warren Scout
I have 3 baby bunns that will be 3 weeks old this week. They are starting to come out of the bed and eat mothers food. I feed my rabbits pellets but I was wondering this may be too hard for the babies, so should I give them the musili?

Also what veg can they have, I give my adults carotts and lettuce and grass from the garden, thats all they will eat. I have tried them with other veggies like broccoli and cabbage but they dont eat it.

Whats the diffrence in fresh grass to hay?

They should manage pellets fine. It's best to feed the babies exactly the same diet as their mum as that's what they'll be used to. They'll start by nibbling hay and then move on to pellets.

Hay is just dried grass, there are different types of grass/hay though so the hay you buy isn't necessarily the same type of grass as your lawn. It's fine to feed fresh grass just introduce it gradually as it's more rich than dried stuff.

Tamsin

as far as I know lettuce has very little nutritional value and I believe it contains a chemical that can make bunnies rather sleepy......but don't quote me on that! :)

They are eating already, hay grass and lettuce.

I give them grass lettuce and carrot, plus a bowl full of pellets twice a day, I do give Missy more because of the babies munching it.

How many times a day are you supposed to feed them?

Lettuce I know has very little nutritional value and I just give her that because she likes to munch on it.

I give them roundhead lettuce which is soft leaves, I think its the hard lettuce like Iceberge that should not be given to them as it is hard and could cause choking?

Dont quote me on that lol

Back