• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

growing grass ect for rabbits

jenzel5

Mama Doe
I am wanting to grow some grass for my buns as I only have patio and thought it would be great as the nice weather has finally come. I went to focus today and there was a variety of other herbs aswell. Can anyone tell me what is good to grow for them so I have a better idea when I go next and any tips about growing, storing etc would be great. I am on a tight budget though!

my buns like mint, basil, dandilions(ok so not a herb but they love them) strawerry plants...not that they ever last long.... blackberry bushes..... um apple tree leaves(maybe not to grow tho) herb wise they also liked eating up theparsley i planted.... mind you the herb garden was originally for them...i just thought that i would get a share too!!! ha not likely....x

Does anyone feed their bunnies echinacia?(cone flower).....just found it as a bunny treat in dried form on the internet which presumably means they can eat the flowers in the garden???

I've been growing Parsely, Basil and Thyme. ^^ Both the bunnies & I like the Parsely best though. It's a very hardy little herb, grows back twice as thick when I go pluck some leaves for the rabbits. I was silly and thought it was an annual type plant, plucked all the leaves off at the end of Autumn - thinking I might as well - then learnt it lives for more than a year, but now it fills the pot with all its new leaves!

Back