• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Abyssinian Guinea Piggies...

jane28

Alpha Buck
Not that i want one now (as i have 2 bunnies coming soon :D) but in the next couple of months i would like to have a couple of Abyssinian Guinea pigs... My old guinea pig was one and i love them. I dont want to buy them if i can help it so does anyone know whether they are common in rescues? And whether you ever get completely jet blacks ones anymore...

To be honest, I've never rally been bothered about colours/coat types in pets but I'd think that jet black piggies are not uncommon.

Where abouts are you? You could try a local rabbit rescue, they may have a few piggies that need a loving home.

Whereabouts are you? There are a pair of boars that are being advertised for rehoming. Both are abbies, one tortoiseshell and the other black.

Im in Stafford in the midlands...

Unfortunately i cant afford any more animals for the next month or two as i have the garden being done, sheds being built and two bunnies to pay for :)D), not to mention 2 spays, exploratory surgery on one and vhd jabs on 2 tomorrow!!

If they are going for free then no problem as i can pop them in the old rabbit hutch after some mending but otherwise i can't...yet...

I will def be keeping an eye on the guinea pig rehoming as there are some cuties on there...

The more noisier and outgoing they are the better! Colour not massively important but i do want Abby guinea pigs... (or at least one or two in a group)

Aby and Aby crosses crop up in rescue loads :) there was a jet black aby boar a few months ago (he has been homed)... so they aren't unheard of

Heres Hoping Cottonmather!

TO be honest jet black is really because it would remind me of my old Abby Squeaky and i know i cant replace her as she was a one off but its nice to have a reminder sometimes... :D
Colour isnt really as important as guinea pig personality!:lol:

Back