• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sally - one of the horses I ride

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
Some pictures I took last week as the sun was shining :)

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

DSC00220.jpg

She's an Irish cob and is such a character, she can be very bolshy but you can't help but laugh at her :roll: She's also like a naughty little kid and will do something like bang her door as you are being late with her tea but then she'll look at you with such innocence as if to say it wasn't her.

I lover her to bits :love:

Will take some of Willow on Tuesday who is the other horse that I ride.

Helen x

She is beautiful - I am determined to get on a horse one of these days once I've lost some weight

You're welcome to come and ride Sally she's fab. I've taken a colleague to ride her who was/is petrified of horses, and my sister has been twice with me now too.

Helen x

You're welcome to come and ride Sally she's fab. I've taken a colleague to ride her who was/is petrified of horses, and my sister has been twice with me now too.

Helen x

Aaaw thanks - I couldn't possibly endure the poor thing with my weight as it is at the moment though. Have list just over a stone in 8 weeks though so a few more off and I might just take you up on it

Lovely pics. :D Why do some horses have their manes 'pulled' or cut??

Mostly it depends on what the horse does I think or owners preference. SAlly has hers done because she constantly itches so it would always be a mess and scraggy.

Helen x

Lovely pics. :D Why do some horses have their manes 'pulled' or cut??

Its called being hogged, people mainly do this to cobs because they have very thick mane which is hard to maintain, it looks neater and is more practical to hog it (shave it off). Pulling mane is pulling sections out to thin the mane and get it to lay the right way, for horse in work such as carriage driving its nice to keep it out of the horses way.

Mostly it depends on what the horse does I think or owners preference. SAlly has hers done because she constantly itches so it would always be a mess and scraggy.

Helen x

Its called being hogged, people mainly do this to cobs because they have very thick mane which is hard to maintain, it looks neater and is more practical to hog it (shave it off). Pulling mane is pulling sections out to thin the mane and get it to lay the right way, for horse in work such as carriage driving its nice to keep it out of the horses way.

Thank you, I've always wondered.

Back