• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bun! U/D with pics!

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Went for a day out with the family to an adventure park where they happend to have rabbits, I fell in love with a shy black rex aparently they dont want to use him for breeding anymore as they cant sell black rabbits nobody wants them :(, he was sat there being poked by kids :cry::cry: so after discussing adopting him with my family and the woman in charge of the rabbits I bought him home. He is not used to being handld so that will take some work but hes wormed and vaccinated and I'm going to get him neuterd next month. His name is Satin/Saturn but im thinking of changing his name to something ending in a Y any suggestions?

Pics when he is settled in :)

Last edited:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay another Rex fan!! :wave:

Hope he settles in well. As for names....:?.........

Marley ( as in Bob Marley- Black Singer)
Lenny ( as in Lenny Henry- Black Comedian)
Trevor ( as in Trevor McDonald- Black News Reader) - OK, it doesn't end in 'y' but....:lol:
Sidney ( as in Sidney Poitier - Black Actor )
Denzel ( as in Denzel Washington - Black Actor ) - another without the 'y' !!

Janex :)

It doesn't end in y but I had a black rex called Othello, but it turned out to be a girl so changed it to Cleopatra. I really liked the name Othello.

Aww Gratz hon - Lucky boy! :D:D Have you got any rescue remedy? I'd pop some of that in his water then put a towel or something over most of his hutch & just leave him to settle, then just gradually reduce how much of the hutch is covered every day :) X

You can get calming drops from pet stores. Rescue remedy can be used for animals and humans. He sounds lovely, i'd let him settle in for a couple of days and get used to his environment before trying to build a bond with him, its probably all very scary for him at the mo. Cant wait for pics!!! :D

Leroy? Bad bad leyroy brown, badest man in the whole damn town
Martin/Luther/King? ok not a Y but an inspirational black guy
Nelson/Mandela? Ditto
X?

Last edited:
Well done for adopting the wee man. I am normally good at bunnie names but all I can think of tonight is blackie or sooty :oops:

What annoys me is that the place you got him from thinks no one wants black rabbits. I love black rabbits! They are so sleek and shadow like. You could also get some critical care formula to pop in his water.

Yeah I like Marley aswell still not sure atm...

I still havent seen him eat anything and he's not been out of his house yet I guess it must be pretty stressful for him as he is not used to being handeld and he had quite a long car ride home (about 45 mins) :( Do you think he will be ok?

Well here's some pics of him, he has done some poo's and a wee and eaten some hay and grass. Just noticed that he has dark blue eyes with brown around the outside. He is in need of a claw trim so as soon as I get paid I will be booking him in to be neutered and checked over.

Do his eyes look ok?

041.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

038.jpg

Back