• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where can I get a big litter tray?

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
It needs to fit inside a 2ft wide hutch and take up as much floor of the open part of the hutch as possible and have high sides? :)

I know some of you guys use things from other shops as litter trays but we have hardly any shops here :roll: B&Q didnt seem to have anything suitable :(

Beau has stopped using his tray, and because they are in a double hutch his pee is dripping down through the trap door into Buu's hutch. And I have been having to scrub the wood everyday after work which then takes ages to dry :roll: :lol:

I have tried putting his litter tray in all different corners and have tried two trays but he gets annoyed having to jump between them and just tips them over :lol:

These are the sizes of the ones im using now compared to the hutch

DSC07997.jpg

Anyone know where I can get anything bigger? I have tried pet shops and this is the biggest they have that fits in the hutch :(

I have already noticed flies around Beau's hutch now and its getting warmer so I would really appreciate if anyone could just let me know if they have seen anything I can use :) x

I have scoured Leeds for a 50cm ssquare tray for the end of poppy and guinness's hutch and there was nothing, nothing i tell you :(

what i've done now is put down:

- a layer of rubber matting

- then a thinnish layer of newspaper for drips

- then a litter tray as big as possible... a rectangular storage box thingy...

so when they miss the tray i can just scoop up the newspaper and wipe the mats clean. not ideal but it saves hutch scrubbing every day. i wish hutch manufacturers would sell trays to fit their hutches!

I use an underbed storage box - I got mine from Wilkinsons but the same ones can be found everywhere. I also use the bases to indoor cages that are too small for rabbits. I chuck the wire top away and keep the base. I have found several on ebay for very little and also at car boot sales.

I also have been using a gardeners plastic potting up tray for my blind bunny and his missus. It's low at the front and very high at the back. I forget the maker but you can get them anywhere in garden centres etc.

I also use greenhouse plant trays which are about 2ft square but they have low sides so probably won't suit you.

Good luck with your hunt.

I use an old washing-up bowl. It has high sides all round which my 2 need to stop them peeing up the wall :oops:

i use the underbed storage box too.. not sure of dimensions but it takes up a third of the 42" dog crate, its a 27 litre one... just saw some in tescos but they are a bit more expensive than the cheap one i got from a pound type shop :)

If you want some rubber matting I've got a 10m roll :roll: and have only used a bit of it so can send you some if you want.

Helen x

Hello,

I've just started using gardeners gravel trays. They're completely square-sided so you can set them side by side with no gaps and they're around 52cm by 42cm. I find them deep enough that they don't pee over the sides and my girls are quite big bunnies. You can get them in B&Q but they're about £4-£5 each - not cheap - but very sturdy.

I used to use high sided washing up bowls too which were very good.
What I have started using now is a very large, medium height trug tub which I get from my pony shops so if you have any horsey shops where you are that might be worth a try

You could try the trays they sell for under grow bags or you can order the cage bottoms for indoor rab/guinea cages from the manufacturers.

The easiest option would probably just be to line the bottom of the cage with lino :)

Tam

I got one from P@H and it isn't much bigger but has a lid that you can clip on the top which acts as a lip to keep it all in

Cost a fiver, it's good if their aim is OK in the first place!! :lol:

S4023501.jpg

S4023500.jpg

:wave: Thanks guys, the cage trays seems like a good idea :)

How big is that tray Fiski23, I dont have a pets at home where I live so cant go look at them :lol:

I dont really want to line the hutch with anything, ive read that it can get mouldy underneath on here :) I dont want to do anything to ruin the hutch as it cost a lot of money just to get it here :) x

i have three of these..two from bunny basics when it was there and one from seapets which no longer stock them im afraid but i found one here

http://www.smyleepets.co.uk/SmyleeMain/popup.asp?CategoryID=90&ProductID=1829

put lino under the tray area..and do the whole storage box etc idea...BUT do make one psace lower as they do get lazy as we all know:lol:

indoors ive bene using puppy wee wee pads around the tray as bertie misfires over the short edge fromt ime to time.

Back