• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tobys Suprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

billysmom

Mama Doe
:wave:HI, WELL TOOK MY NEW 12WK LIONHEAD BUN TO HAVE A CHECK-UP TODAY, THE VETERINARY NURSE THOROUGHLY CHECKED HIM OVER, VERY IMPRESSED, I HAD HUNDREDS OF QUESTIONS FOR THE POOR WOMAN:oops::oops: AFTER HER ANSWERING MY LIST OF QUESTIONS SHE TOOK TOBY INTO THE BACK TO CHECK HIS TEETH & BITS.WHEN SHE CAME BACK SHE WAS CHUCKLING AND SAID "WELL EVERYTHINGS FINE WITH THE TEETH, ITS JUST THE BUNS NAME":shock: TOBY IS A GIRL:oops::lol::lol::lol:.ANYWAY I WENT WITH TOBY, AND CAME BACK WITH POPPY:lol::lol:.HASNT SEEMED TO BOTHER HER THOUGH.SHES CURRENTLY SETTING ABOUT HER NEW HAY TUNNEL:lol::lol: WILL TRY AND PUT PICS ON LATER, IM USELESS DOING THIS..

That quite often happens. :D

Sometimes you have to take what the vet says with a pinch of salt regarding bunny sexing. Upton's breeder sexed him as a buck but when he went for his first myxi jab the vet was convinced he was a girl.
I kinda figured that Upton's breeder has sexed many more buns than the vet so always thought of him as a boy, now he's a year old he is obviously a boy.:lol:

12 weeks is still very young, his testicles may not have descended yet. However if your vet nurse is competent at sexing, then Toby is a girl! :shock::lol:

This is a very common thing though :lol:

Have you posted pics of Poppy/Toby? I would love to see her.

Back