• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fur re-growth

isla

Mama Doe
How long does it take for a rabbits fur to grow back after a spay? Jesse was spayed in January and is still pretty bald under her tummy.

Tinkerbells grew back really quickly but Sootys took nearly a year to grow back fully.

Oh so its quite normal then to take a while? I'm sure the vet would have said something last timee we were there.

She has some regrowth, like a few tufty bits here and there.

After about 6 months or so, I took Sooty back to the vets as I was worried that her fur hadn't grown back and he said it was completely normal. Apparently, there is no set time for the regrowth.

Don't worry - from what I've seen, each bun is different and it depends on time of year and whether they're house buns or outdoors. Sienna's took AGES (prob 4 months) to grow back whereas Trix took just a few weeks and Hoops a matter of days :lol:.

somenever grow back at all....My Roise was neutered 4 months ago and she's still pretty patchy in places.

Back