• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit found this morning - Maes -Y Coed, South Wales

NellieNooNoo

Warren Scout
I found a beautiful albino rabbbit this morning running loose amongst some parked cars. After a (long!) time I managed to catch it and it is now recovering in a cat carrier. I know this is a long shot but if you have lost one this morning in the Maes Y Coed, Pontypridd area please let me know. Also, if anyone is local and can lend me a hutch until I find this bunny's home please let me know too.

You can email me directly - jojo at garyread dot com

Thanks

i cant help you out as am too far but you can buy a dog crate on ebay very cheaply(between 99p-20quid) that could be a temp solution for housing? good luck with tracing the owners. put some posters up around and ask your local vets too.

We're beginning to think he's a throwaway as no calls whatsoever!! He's settledi into a nice indoor cage and is very friendly and we've called him Snowball.

Hi NelliNooNoo

Have emailed you regarding a hutch you can borrow for this handsome boy.

Regards, Ange

I'm going to update as I'm taking Snowball to a rescue in Bristol on Sunday - this is for many reasons: I didn't plan on a third bunny, he's not neutered and I'm between jobs and have been quoted £65, let him out with my other two and it was mayhem, mainly due to Snowball being unneutered but I would have to get him a mate as my other two are really bonded and it wouldn't be fair leaving him on his own.

So sadly I have decided to take him to a rescue, please don't hate me but at least he will have a chance and I saved him from buzzards / being run over.

least he will find a good home now and how can anyone be angry? you saved him didnt you? stop feeling bad unfortunatly i would love to own every abandoned rabbit in the world.... er a my oh would freak and b the house/garden is not big enough!!!!:p so just do what you can hun look after your own and also helping him has made all the diff to him! xx

I understand why you feel bad as I can see from previous posts you were keen to keep this bun. You are doing the right thing by being realistic about what you can afford and what is right for your current buns. You have made a big difference in this little ones life.

I'm going to update as I'm taking Snowball to a rescue in Bristol on Sunday - this is for many reasons: I didn't plan on a third bunny, he's not neutered and I'm between jobs and have been quoted £65, let him out with my other two and it was mayhem, mainly due to Snowball being unneutered but I would have to get him a mate as my other two are really bonded and it wouldn't be fair leaving him on his own.

So sadly I have decided to take him to a rescue, please don't hate me but at least he will have a chance and I saved him from buzzards / being run over.

I most certainly don't - thinking you are doing the right thing in your circumstances.;)

He is a lucky boy to be saved and given a second chance. Hoping he finds a lovely "forever home" real soon.

TP:)

hi, snowball is now with me,he is gorgeous and so friendly. as i type this, he is cuddled up with his bunny cuddly toy.
i dont think he will wait long for a new home, going to take him to the vets tues for a check up, as soon as he hasall the clear, we can hopefully find him a new forever home

Back