• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poo colours

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
can anyone advise me what the difference between a black poo and golden poo is?

I shall elaborate if needs be, is golden poo due to high fibre?

x

These are 'golden poos'

bunnypoo.jpg

Golden poos are good as it means your bunny is eating loads of hay.

these pair dont have golden poos... they are slightly darker than that pic, but they get a lovely big bowl of veg every morning :)

I do get the odd caecatrop (sp?) and some darker ones now and again, but they are mostly golden :lol:

Those poos are courtesy of Oscar and Polo btw - they are taken from the giant poo thread.

Oh those are fantastic poos Oscarbunny! :lol:

May I ask what hay you feed?

Bobbin's poos have been a little smaller and darker since his stasis :?

Good thread choice Indie! ;)

Valerie is a real hay monster, just basic meadow hay ut she scoffs it and does huge golden poos, they do seem darker though if she has more veg. Bobs never been a huge hay eater and his poos are half the size of V's and darker.

Should I be concerned that Bertie's poos are consistently dark? he gets 2 eggcups SS a day, a good selection of veg, isnt a hay addict, but eats plenty. Thanks for the thread Indie, I wasn't aware.

I have to say that Barney's poos are absolutely amazing. They are so plump and golden, I'm so proud. :D

Jay, im not sure, if his diet is predominantly hay his poos will be golden, if not they will be black.

what I am wondering is if there is a health difference?

Its just Marshas poos always seem darker when she is off her hay, but then Donna told me that this is because she will more likeley want her pellets and treats.

x

All our buns eat the same food but their poos are different.

Out in the shed Rosie and BJ produce huge goldies but conservatory bunnies Herbie and Hollie's are darker and vary in size. Rosie and BJ are the better hay eaters so I guess this explains the difference.

This week BJ did a couple of huge furry ones which panicked me but reading the advice from previous threads, thank you Sooz, I realise the fur is better out than in. BJ eats and drinks well and has pineapple/papaya as treats (which I know may or may not help) and is brushed so I am not sure what else I can do. His poos are back to normal now :D

I can't get OH interested in bunny poo dissection tho!

Back