• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Im a bit worried! any advice please? U/D Emergency Vet!!!!

davemulheran

Warren Scout
Evening all

Usually when I get in fom Work, Ralph is in his indoor cage, empty bowl ready for his PM feed. Gagging for food!!

Today I got in and he was lying under the bed not very active. I tried to hand feed him some greens and he turned his nose up. Usually he literally bites my hand off for them!

he is now just lying down, looking tired. He's done a few flops, but doesnt look comfortable.

he hasnt touched his food at all and usually wolfs it down!

ive managed to pick him up and he seems ok. was eager to get off as he usually is but jut jumped in his cage and lay down.

His ears are quite cold......

anything i should be aware of or that I can do?

or am I just being para?

thks

Dave

Last edited:
I would get him to the vet asap :)

Could be a few things and a bunny not eating can become seriously ill very quickly.

Make sure its a vet that is up on their rabbits too as some emergency vets will fob you off!

Let us know how he gets on :wave:

I agree a bun not eating is something that can't wait till morning, he probably need an injection of gut stimulant to get things moving again. Don't worry but do get him to a vets tonight

back guys.

Vet gave him a thorough check over.. squeezed his bladder so some liquid came out and it was creamy and milky. Bladder infection! :shock: :(

he gave him 2 injections and further syringes for me to apply for the next 6 days :(

ive never been so worried / shocked / protective!

i hope he will be ok!

the emergency vet gave ralph 2 injections

0.25 baytril 5% and 0.15 Metacam 0.5%

and i have baytril 2.5% to apply on 0.5 syringes one a day for 6 days

hope the above sounds about right?

the sludge from him was horrible

back guys.

Vet gave him a thorough check over.. squeezed his bladder so some liquid came out and it was creamy and milky. Bladder infection! :shock: :(

he gave him 2 injections and further syringes for me to apply for the next 6 days :(

ive never been so worried / shocked / protective!

i hope he will be ok!

Awww! "CHIN UP" you!!! You did real well to notice and seek help so quickly - I'm sure little Ralph will make a full recovery and is very grateful to his owner in his "furry head"...

In the meantime Get Well VIBES coming Ralph's way!!!

TP;)

Hi all.

what a soft ar$e I am, I slept downstairs with him last night. He was ok.

He's a bit perkier this AM. He's now upstairs again bobbing around.

He's eaten a little bit but not his usual

Hope he is feeling better this morning.

If it is bladder sludge makes sure you don't give him anything with too much calcium in. Also try to get him to drink some more water to help flush the excess calcium through.

Glad to hear he is a little perkier today!

Maybe ask the vets if he needs anymore metacam too (painrelief) over the wekend to help him feel more comfy which will help his appetite :D

Hi, just attempted to give him his 0.5ml of antibiotic by mouthed syringe

what a palava!!

think i got some in to him!

he seems quite perky, BIG thanks to all the well wishers! :wave:

Back