• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oh no...poor baby piggies....

its not that surprising that they have problems ..
their dad is also their brother ....and before they came to us they were fed on potatoes :? :( :(

I once had a litter of piggies. Their eyes went cloudy soon after birth I thought they would be blind but after a vets appointment it turned out they were just infected and they were fine with some eye cream.

Apparently it's caused by their eyes being open in the womb

Some baby pigs eyes will go cloudy if hay pokes in, or it could be an infection. A lot of my mums babies had this and they went on to be perfectly normal. They may well be cataracts though, in which case they may go blind...the risk of this is higher because of their genetic background but its still possible it could just be an irritation or infection

You need some Gold eye ointment or Brolene eye ointment. Apply alittle twice a day and they should be fine.

Back