• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hare pics

Raven Rexs

Mama Doe
heres the whole Brady Bunch:D
hares030.jpg

hares029.jpg

hares028.jpg

ears everywhere:lol:
hares033.jpg

hares047.jpg

hares048.jpg

hares042.jpg

hares039.jpg

hares040.jpg

Piggy back mum
hares045.jpg

hares025.jpg

hares022.jpg

hares023.jpg

Picture crazy or wat?

Last edited:
I was guna ask that - it looks like jacket potatoes? -Sue:)

Have they all come together for food? What other space do they have?

Last edited:
Ooooh look lots of bread rolls..... I wonder how many people will browse the website this weekend, and leave thinking bread rolls are a good staple diet for rabbits.

Doesnt the yeast in bread promote growth of bad bacteria or something? And E numbers and whatever if they have any, plus all those refined carbs...Im not sure though, not an expert, ive heard of people giving bread before

Can i ask what you do with the hares? I wouldnt have thought hares make great pets due to the SPACE they need to run...

Sorry but to me hares are wild animals and should be left as such...

Nothing nicer than seeing a hare in our field running like a loopy and off under the fence on its way across the countryside...

They are beautiful, but so many together, did you do that for the purpose of the photo?

I pretty sure they could not live like that for any length of time.

I have a hare, he loves to spend his days outstretched in hi dog basket. They are just so beautiful

Can i ask what you do with the hares? I wouldnt have thought hares make great pets due to the SPACE they need to run...

Sorry but to me hares are wild animals and should be left as such...

Nothing nicer than seeing a hare in our field running like a loopy and off under the fence on its way across the countryside...

I believe they are Belgian Hares which is actually a breed of rabbit, not a real "wild" hare x x

its one of the 5ft long hutches she can stand upright as the hutch is 24inches high pics just dont show it very well she also has a run but is locked away during the night.
but yes its a temp hutch.

They're beautiful rabbits, are they giant hares??? must be if that hutch is 24" :lol:
thought the hutch was temporary? :? (which is why I didn't post the above on the first thread ;))

I believe they are Belgian Hares which is actually a breed of rabbit, not a real "wild" hare x x

A Ha!!! Blimmin nora you wouldnt have thought i was brought up by farmers would you :roll:!LOL
Note to self...must read up on my animals...

I do have to admit though they are stunning looking...

thinking bread rolls are a good staple diet for rabbits.

You can't really account for everyone not doing research. If they looked at recent photos they could make the assumption cardboard boxes made good housing too!

I feed bread, leave it to go nice and hard and they have great fun gnawing at it. Obviously it shouldn't be a staple diet, nor should cabbage or carrots or pellets. If your buns are used to it and you know they do fine then it doesn't do any harm.

Tamsin

Beautiful buns. Such a pretty colour.

I don't think the bread will make newbies think that's what they should feed their buns. As a treat it's not something that is toxic or harmful and I can only see 3 little rolls between 6 buns that I can count. :) I've often seen it recommended as a treat.

On of my rabbits got bloat and died after my mother fed him bread while I was on holiday.... and by the looks of this, he wasnt the only one.

http://members.aol.com/Scwooey/bundiet.htm

Why is there so much conflicting advice with rabbits???

I'm very sorry about your rabbit. :(

It seems anything can cause upset to a rabbits tum if they're not used to it and everything I've read says that it needs to be dried bread. I'm afraid I don't really rate that page. It states what we all know, that hay is very important. Obviously their rabbit got ill if it was living on only pellets and the page also states they feed their rabbit chocolate and lists carrot as one of the primary rabbit foods. :?

They are so, so beautiful. ^^
There's something about hares.. they always look so sleek & shiny! :lol:

... and I've fed bred to all of mine before, past & present. It's the one food Barney adores. :oops: We bake the end of a loaf and cut it into quarters, so it's very hard. It gives them something to play with and wear their teeth down on, and they have never seemed to suffer for it...? They're given it as a treat here? ^^'

Back