• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat Grass????

cheryl21

Warren Scout
Can rabbits have cat grass? I don't really know what it is but have seen it in the garden centre and it just looks like a bit like 'big' grass!!

Stella and Bud live in the outhouse and come through a cat flap into their run on the patio. I have planted some grass in trays for them but it takes ages to grow and Buddy loves it - I just can't grow it quick enough!!!

This cat grass stuff looks good, but not sure if they can have it???

Cat grass really makes me MAD, its just a con.:evil: All the packets I've seen are "Avena sativa"- OATS. They charge a fortune for a few seed. The only thing about them is that they are untreated with any pesticide.
I would imagine they are fine to give to rabbits when they grow, probably not too much at a time as they will be quite lush.

if it's oat grass, it'll be fine for buns - you can buy oat hay after all.

cheryl21 have you tried those bunny greens from the hay experts? I am growing them and they are growing at 1-2" a day, it's insane. they grow back after theyve been cut too.

cheryl21 have you tried those bunny greens from the hay experts? I am growing them and they are growing at 1-2" a day, it's insane. they grow back after theyve been cut too.

I've just had a look at the website - they sound good!!! I'm sure my buns will love it - I just it hope it can grow quick enough for Buddy!!!:?

Back